Kenwood Excelon KDC-PS809 Repair

Username: Mustang4fn

Post Number: 1
Hello. I have an old school kenwood excelon MASK PS809. The unit stopped displaying and I was told the ribbon from the faceplate to the unit was more than likely the problem. I have opened the system and was able to disconnect the ribbon from the unit, but I'm unsure as to how to open the faceplate. There doesn't seem to be any screws, nor does it feel like I can just pop it open. Any suggestions? Also was the advice that the ribbon was bad the correct advice? I looked at the ribbon and there are several small spots where the black has rubbed of and the wire line is showing, so I am surmising this is correct...
Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1310
ribbon cable is deff bad, they are very sensitive. the face plate should be to halved enough where you can slip the guitar pick in. pop the faceplate apart you should be able to see a gap where the face looks like its molded in 2 pieces, also if theres any stickers chances are might be under them.

Username: Newbie66

Holland

Post Number: 1
I was also able to remove enough stuff, of my Kenwood KRC 758 to get entrée to the flex ribbon cable.

Thanks to a posted link from Brent Norum.
of on another Kenwood model 715, where you as well can remove the front flip-panel. But I got my generally info

Still have the problem, that Robert also has, even with several guitar picks (good tip, I play guitar but never thought about that)

Still can't get access
At the black mask in the upper corners, where the panels normal is mounted at the flip mechanism, it will not pop open

upper corners, don't pop open
Upload
So without knowing if how to open the corners exactly
I'm not going to risk prying something apart that will likely break.
Some article said something about kenwood using double sided tape which you
have to pull apart?

So, I guess either I find an exact procedure for the KRC-758 and KRC - 858
Or have to see a photo of the inside of a panel?
So I precisely now how to open it.

Is there a hero how have instruction or photo's

Thanks in advance
Ben
Holland

PS for somebody how is seeking how to get access to the ribbon see link of Brent
http://www.csupomona.edu/~bvnorum/faceplate_ribbon_cable_replace_kdc-715s.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1379
sorry i been away renovating, anyowho, doiuble sided tap is not out of the ordinary, some do do this and its a pain in the azz. it looks like by ur photo they do it to, the only simple way to find out is grab the corner with your fingers and slowly put preassure to pull it apart itf u can here a ripping like with u un rolled masking tape sound u should be fine to keep going and role the corner till the faceplate slowly seperates and opens up.

Username: Newbie66

Holland

Post Number: 2
Hello

Already get it.
he works again.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us