Anyone ever screw there kick pods to the floor?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4571
Curious, mine are an exact shape of the floor but with the mid/tweet and all the fiberglass that fcker is heavy. I mounts on te trim rail but I was thinking of at least one sheet metal screw inside the pod area securing it to the floor then there will be no worries if there is an accident or I kick the pod. Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5171
I've done it.. Insurance won't cover theft if it is not bolted down either.. in my current car behind the kick is a metal bracket that I can screw them into as well.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8134
Insurance more than likely won't cover it anyhow. You have to read the fine print on your coverage, they usually only cover stock parts. An appraisal is required to get full value of your vehicle and or equipment inside of it. I went over this with my agent just recently and even though I have all the receipts for all the after-market gear in my car she explained that even WITH an appraisal it's not likely you'll get what you paid or near it.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 985
i had all my stuff stolen (HU, speakers, amp, and subs) at a transmission shop. they left my car outside, windows down, doors unlocked, no battery in it so no alarm. had a small sign in the shop sayin "not resposible for theft" so we called the police and found out it was an inside job. insurance covered everything. even paid for my transmission being rebuilt :-) gave me a check for $1500, for all my car audio stuff. i dont think i paid 700 for it all. lol i was a noob and bought all of my stuff at a pawn shop and came up $800! couldnt of been happier.

so some insurance companies will either give you money for your stuff or order exactly what you had. those were my 2 choices, of course i went with the check for the MSRP of things

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3978
I will only be covered for items with reciets. So I save all my paypal and store reciets, Just in case. And I had to have that added in the policy.

And I have My pods mounted on the ceiling

If it flip the van,, then the would be mounted on the floor.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 988
"If it flip the van,, then the would be mounted on the floor. "

lmao!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us