HO Alternator for 93 Legend?

Username: Iimasta_pii

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 6
I.ve been looking for quite some time now, and I recently found out from a mechanic that 1993 Acura Legends can't handle a High Output Alternator.
Does anybody know otherwise? It's really bugging me because I want to get a Rockford Fosgate T1500bd, and that beastly amp definitely requires and HO alt.

Can anybody help me out? Ive done my research and concluded that theres no hope for a HO alt. in my Legend, but if somebody knows maybe another way, please ket me know! Thanks,

Pat

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7558
" found out from a mechanic "

First mistake....... most of them know absolutely nothing about electrical systems beyond what their training teaches them (a lot of which is wrong BTW), such as what you just mentioned.

Contact first

www.motorcityreman.com

If they can't help you then try

www.ohiogen.com

They usually can build an HO alt for almost any car but it will cost you big.

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 7
Sorry then let me reword that. I went to see a mechanic, and he called the local alternator shop and thats what they said

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7568
Same deal. THEY don't have one doesn't mean nobody does.

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 8
Alright thanks, I called Ohio Gen and they can get me like a 210 amp one for a little over $500! cant afford it right now, but hopefully in the future.
Thanks!

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7582
For an import car thats actually not THAT bad. Did MCR not have anything b/c theirs are good and cost less.

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 40
Have you tried asking the folks over on http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/

Post under Acura Legend/2nd Generation. Before doing so, you may want to search the forum in case the question was brought up previously.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7591
Beware theres a lot of people on car forums who don't know jack about electronics.

Another warning, avoid iraggi and excessive amperage....... they have been known to have bad customer service and alt problems respectively.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us