Where do the 2 wires go when wiring parallel into a monoblock?

Username: Skullpop

Post Number: 1
Hey all. A simple question (I hope).. I'm wiring:

2x Pioneer 2ohm DVC subwoofers, coils in series for a 4ohm load for each subwoofer.

into a 9103d Kenwood Class D amplifier. I'm looking to put the two subs wired in parallel together so that there's a total load of 2ohm going on the amp.

My question is that when I've done this, I'll have two wires that need to be attached to the amp: one going from the amp to the +'s, and one going from the -'s to the amp.

My amplifier has two sets of terminals, "+ + - -". Which ones do my two cables go into?! Again, I'm looking for a 2ohm load on my amp.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 672
check out these wiring configs

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22

Post Number: 2
mmm.. Thanks for the link. I'm wiring them into the 2ohm config (2nd diagram).. But I don't know how to connect the cables to the amp, where in the diagram has + and - where the amp would be.

Post Number: 3
To build on that, I mean that I will have only 2 wires, but 4 terminals on the amp. Which 2 should I use? Or do I somehow use 4 wires?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1582
it doesn't matter which (-) and which (+) you use. Just make sure the (-) wire goes to a (-) terminal and the (+) wire to a (+) terminal.

Think of it as just one speaker output, but two places to connect wires (since that's what it is).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us