Need Help With My System

Username: 21bravo

Post Number: 1
I've got a 2004 Ford F-150 Ext Cab and I would like to throw 2 12's under the back seat. The box I've found to fit under the back seat is a sealed box that has a mounting depth of 5.75" and individual chambers for each sub (0.68 cu. ft. of air space per chamber).

I would like to stay around $1000 or less for 2 subs and an amp....could someone please recommend a setup that would work with this application?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 547
You could get away with that small of a size with a pair of 10s but i highly doubt a pair of 12s would work. Consider Kicker CVTs, about $100 a piece retail for the 10s.

Silver Member
Username: Davidt487

Texas

Post Number: 131
your problem is airspace .68 b4 displacement isnt enough air my uncle bought 2 p3 shallow mounts in a sealed box for under the seat and it was really ugly sounding and i think most was the box

Post Number: 2
Because of the airspace I think I've found an alternative that will be better. I can put 2 10's under the seats and then get a console box for the back seat that fits either a downfire 8" or front mount 10". Here are the new specs, thanks for all of the help:

Under-seat box(sealed box)http://www.audioboxesonline.com/Ford-F-150-SuperCrew-2004--Current-Part-SSC120C1 0_p_5-88.html#: .60 cubic feet of airspace per sub, mounting depth of 4 7/8".

Console box(ported box)http://www.audioboxesonline.com/Ford-F-150-SuperCab-Lariat-or-FX4-2004--Current- Ported-Subwoofer-Enclosure-part-FSC04CPC_p_8-139.html: 1.413 cubic feet, Mounting depth Downfire 8- 12.75" or front mounted 10- 5"

Budget is still around $1000 but I can be a little more flexible if I need to.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4007
You could fit a Fi SSD 10 in there if you used a 1 inch mdf spacer ring. Then throw 800-1000 clean RMS at it and that would knock pretty good. The biggest problem here isn't the cabinet volume, it's the mounting depth.

Post Number: 3
I'll have to call tomorrow and see exactly where on the front a 10 would mount for the console box. From the pictures, it doesn't look like there's an inch on the very front part but it could easily work if it's on the angled part.

Post Number: 4
I've done a little looking around and this is what I'm thinking about now...let me know how it looks:

Memphis M3 10" for the console box (I found a different one that fits a downfire 10" and has an airspace of 1.337 cu. ft.)

2 Memphis SC10's under the back seat.

From what I found, the airspace should work with this setup, is this correct? Also what kind of amp would I need to power these 3 subs.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 385
We stuffed 2 12" cvr's under back seat of a CHEVY. We used a PROBOX sealed downfire. had to do a minor modifacation to one side to make if fit... took 10 min's but was worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3980
why didn't anyone mentioned polyfill.

Post Number: 5
I was told that polyfill was only a temporary solution and that it wouldn't sound as good as using a box with the correct amount of airspace; is that totally wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 393
why would it quit working?

Post Number: 6
I didn't mean quit working...I meant temporary as in a bandaid type fix until you can get a box with the correct airspace, but from reading around it looks like I was misinformed.

If my box has .6 cu. feet of airspace per sub...how much more airspace would the polyfill make is seem like I have?

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 831
Try 2 of the new mags and use some polyfill. They are recomended 1cft. box so .6 with some polyfill should help a little.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7578
CVTs suck, as do most of those shallow mount subs

Post Number: 7
Does anyone here have any experience with the S-Class Memphis subs? I've called 2 Memphis dealers in my area so far, and neither have ever worked with them and they couldn't even give me a price for them.

Post Number: 8
Ok so since I can't find anything out about the S-Class Memphis subs I've decided to stay away from them...I'm thinking of setting up my system this way now. I'm looking more on the side of SPL...I'd like to here some feedback on this:

Underseat:

2 Rockford Fosgate P3SD210's

Console:

Fi BL10

Amp:

Looking at running all 3 subs off of a Hifonics BXi 2008D...not to sure about this though.

Bronze Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 90
you are going with a bl 10 and rockford 10's too?

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 785
yeah dont mix sub's. just stick with one kind.

Silver Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 156
agreed, and unless you need to id go with a different amp brand, im having trouble currently with my Hifonics amp and their customer support is non existant if you have issues....jus be careful

Post Number: 9
The reason I was mixing was because I was going to use 2 different boxes so that I wouldn't lose my backseat but I've given up that idea. I'm going to order a Klaus Audio custom box instead and fold my seats up and sit it on the floor.

So now my question is this: Should I go with a sealed box or a ported box? I've decided to go with 12's since space is no longer an issue and I'm looking for a nice balance between SPL and SQ.

Also what is a good amp to push 2 Fi Audio subs (either Q's or BL's...haven't decided that either, but both are rated at 1000Wrms per sub).

Post Number: 10
I tried to order my box today but was having problems so I'm waiting to hear back on it, but hopefully everything is gonna look like this:

Slot Ported Box tuned to 32Hz with 2.5 cu. feet per sub and 80 sq. in. of vent area.

Subs- 2 BL12's with the P Chamfer and Dual 2 Ohm voice coils

Amp- Kicker ZX2500.1

I'll have it all wired to 2 ohms so that each sub is getting 1250W RMS.

Does this all look right or is there something I messed up?

I looked through Iraggi's ebay store and couldn't find an alternator for my truck so I've email him...hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Got the amp last night. Ended up going with a Kicker KX2500.1, picked it up used for $463 including shipping. Hopefully within the next week or two I'll get everything in and hooked up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us