2000 Tahoe Build (43+ pics)

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 148
well i got this for an early graduation but i pretty much already knew i was getting it. i've already moved almost everything from my old mercedes so just thought i'd put some pics of all i've done so far.

my friend james has a tahoe all decked out so he came over and helped speed the process up a bit. but all these were not taken the same day.

Upload
clean hoe

Upload
projector foglights =)

Upload

Upload

Upload
underglows+headlights+fogs

Upload
only underglows
Upload
4" eclipse. ended up just screwing em into the metal of the car lol.

Upload
another.

Upload
another.

Upload
hidden

Upload

Upload
sound system in progress

Upload
james workin on the head unit

Upload
can't do any work without some good ol hambergers

Upload

Upload
couple wires..

Upload
suede amp rack 0_0

Upload
night picture of finished work

Upload
eventually i'll drill holes to hide the wires.. but i donno how that'll work with the tight wrapped suede.

Upload
head unit: alpine 9856

Upload
kicker 1000.1

Upload
and again

Upload
eclipse xa4000

Upload
close up

Upload
again

Upload
the 15" L5 =)

Upload
amp rack during daytime

Upload
and again.

Upload
further away lol

Upload
kicker

Upload
other side.

Upload
re wiring speaker. james hooked it up to my damn window module haha. guess he didn't know what he was doing after all.

Upload
bass knob + ipod cord

Upload
hidden cb radio

Upload
the mic comes out the side now

Upload
all hidden. cept the neon switch til i make the tape deck into a switch panel

Upload
white led liscence plate =)

Upload
at the ranch

Upload
top of the hill

Upload
focals!

Upload
focals again

Upload
and again.

Upload
6x9 rear door panel?

more later

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 378
lookin' good bro. install looks pretty nice as well!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7926
good stuff homie all u need is some chrome ;)

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 149
yeah well actually i'm going for a more black look like this tahoe.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2123
Nice work....

Bronze Member
Username: Jayhunter

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 23
I don't think I have ever heard a square sub before, how do they sound? Everything looks CLEEEEAN!! Hope everything else turns out as well as the rest.

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 150
well i got it for my 17th birthday and have been beating the hell out of it for almost a year and a half. i got a guy around my town who builds some insane box's to build mine to specs to fit in my old mercedes and it hits harder than you would think. i always wanted to get it metered but never really had a chance not that it would get anything amazing haha but just for my curiosity oh how bad i've been damaging my hearing.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 986
looking good bud clean install keep it up

Bronze Member

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 25
So I am wondering, what do you have in mind to do next to it? Interior neons are pretty sweet. Dunno if you want to but I just got done painting my door panels and the duplicolor vinyl paint works pretty well.

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 151
yeah i'm not sure what i'm gonna do with the door panels. it depends on what i end up doing with the custom kick panels and all. so far i'm sticking with the tan interior since it goes well with the gray exterior. i have a pair of eclipse 6x9's i really wanna get fiberglassed into the rear door panels but considering my 0 experience with glassing thats looking unlikely.

but as for whats going in next its a looong list. but hopefully this summer i'll get most of the list done.

i'll sort it from top to what i will mostly likely add next to as many as i feel like listing lol.

-tint (5% all around cept 20% driver, passenger, rear hatch all on top of factory tint. 35% front windshield)
-red top up front
-fix the damn starting problem. starts 2nd time every time after 45min-2hr cold. either injectors or fuel pump.
-exhaust
-cold air intake (AEM Bruteforce)
-white led all interior lighting
-blue led gauges and all buttons that light up with some intense soldering lol
-hids (thinkin 5500-7k. somewhere around there)
-alpine flip out screen
-yellow top in back
-300A alternator
-another yellow top
-2 15" RD's Alpha v.2s
-2 1750.1 rd
-black suede headliner
-7" cognito or 6" fabtech or might do 3" body get some running boards and do 33" grapplers
-35" mud grapplers on 20" black rockstars
-paint front chrome grill and bumper same color as truck.
-black emblem
-black angel eyes
-black billit grill
-pre runner bar with 3 8" hids
-n-fab rear bumper bar?

its a long list and its gonna take a LONG time hahaha but its been about 3 weeks and i've gotten this far =)

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 914
the tahoe in that picture is sweet.. good to see someone going going lifted with a 'hoe. i always loved those trucks lifted with some meaty tires.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict -PS3-

Post Number: 2478
seems you've tore that 'hoe up. nice.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 2934
that 20% will be more like 15% over factory, which is illegal in texas, fyi

a friend of mine just got a ticket for illegal tint, $250 is what I think it cost her.

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 152
lifted tahoes are what I live for. Unfortunately the one I was given is 2wd. Which makes me more inclined to just do a body lift on 33's and put some rear lockers on it which will get me through a decent amount of mud.

I've had 5% on my Benz for over 2 years and never had any cop say anything about it plus I drive with my windows down and ac off 99%of the time to save gas :-)

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 984
driving with your windows down creates drag on the car.

driving with windows down is the same as driving with the AC on and windows up :-) so use that AC son

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 154
hmm never thought of it that way. still seems like i use more gas when i use ac. plus the whole car rattles insane when all the windows are up.

oh also my eclipse 4 channel is f-ed. the 1st channel is like way louder than the 2nd and 3rd and the 4th channel doesn't even work which i've known about. i have no idea how the first channel is louder than the other 2??. the fader and balance on the head unit are at zero. i guess i'm gonna have to get a new speaker amp..

Bronze Member

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 26
Yeehaw! You have one hell of a way to go. Might I suggest putting the pictures on cardomain.com, I am sure everyone would give you pretty good ratings.

About the drag thing, it's not true always! My civic only loses 3% efficiency with all 4 of the windows down and I think the air is like 6% loss. All depends on aerodynamics really.

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 155
yeah i have it on cardomain but i think its still on hidden or something? i'll go fix that.

but yeah well with the tahoe i actually alternate between ac windows up and no ac windows down. i always had the windows down in teh mercedes mainly because it didn't really have ac. haha oh well
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us