Rockford T1500bd or JL 1000/1v2?

Username: Iimasta_pii

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 1
Hello, well I bought this 1000/1v2 a few days ago, and I cant help but almost regret what I got for the money.. Not saying that this amp isn't freakin amazing or anything, but I want to exchange it at the shop I bought it for a Rockford Fosgate T1500BD. With the extra money I may invest in a new head unit or subs.
I basically want the T1500 because it gives me more options, like if I want to upgrade to more powerful subs, the T1500 I looked at was rated at 1900rms at 1ohm, and 1300rms at 2ohms!

What do you guys think about this?

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 2
Also,I forgot to mention, my fuse block is 150amps, so if I get the T1500bd, will I need a bigger one, or will anu other upgrades be required?

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1986
How much did you pay for the JL amp? What subs are you running now?

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5348
are you going to invest in electrical system?

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 666
see if you can just take it back?

then buy and AQ2200D for $389 and have some money left over for a HO alt

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 3
Well I paid 700 for the amp, and 250 for the 1 farad RF digital cap! how ridiculous of a price for a cap, no? So bought my own on millionbuy.com, and gonna return the RF and maybe invest in a nice head unit or subs.
I looked into HO alternators, but they dont really exist for 1993 acura legends.. :-(
I currently have 2 12" '07 CVR's.
I think they should let me return the amp and cap, ive only used them for like 4 days..
Do you guys think my 110amp stock alternator will be good enough to run the RF T1500bd?

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 717
nope, you definately need a h.o alt and the big 3. and yeah drop the cap, wont help.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1988
Wow, $700 for the JL? Not much more and you could grab a 3K rms amp haha. See if you can take it back and get your money back.

Kevin

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 676
the JL amp is great but it sounds like you want to run more power. I would see you can take your stuff back.

you can get an amp that does 2K RMS, 0 guage wire and a HO alt for your car for $950 or damn close.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3633
JL slash amps are good but u don't get enough for the high azz prices they ask for.

I would say that you would not be able to get money back but a store credit.(maybe not)

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 4
yea, I called them today, guy said all I can get is store credit, for like only 1/2 of the price I paid! I cussed him out pretty bad, cuz when I was buying my stuff, he made it sound all good, like "you have nothing to worry about, if you don't like it, just bring it back for store credit." Too bad he didint sya it would only be 1/2 my money back. Im soo pissed. Oh well.

What kind of subs you guys think would match my 1000/1v2 really good?

Btw HO alternators don't exist for 1993 Acura Legends. or if someone finds out otherwise, plz let me know!

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1991
We have a deal on a pair of RD Sonance 12's at $300 a pair right now. 750 rms subs, kinda hard to beat that.

Sucks they would lie to you like that.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 680
places will make a HO alt that will work with your car - you would just have to contact some places and get it quoted out.i cant find one for my 04 grand prix but i had them quote it out.

that does suck that they are doing that to you but when it comes down to it you still have a great amp

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3634
Patrick Graham

Make sure people know about this where you live.

Word of mouth is a b!tch.

What size? Whats buget?

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 5
probably 2 12"s. Was thinking w6v2's but nah. Ive heard theres much better than JL for the price.
Looking for better SQ and SPL than my CVR's (shouldnt be too hard lol)

Another funny thing the guy from the shop said to me on the phone today: I asked him why he didnt tell me the store credit would only be for 1/2 or less of the original price, his answer, "Well you didnt ask." I really want to punch this dude in the face. I guess I could've thought to ask, but come on, he obviously didnt tell me on purpose... ugghh

Kevin- 2 750rms on one 1000/1v2? a little underpowered, but are those good subs? I've never heard of RD Audio.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1993
That is really f_cked up.

As for RD, they are great subs! I am pretty sure the JL does more than 1000 rms, and the Sonance are very efficient with the power you are able to use. They are an SQ/SPL sub. Sound great and get low, but also maintain great output.
www.rdaudio.net
Check them out. Feel free to email me.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7564
" 250 for the 1 farad RF digital cap "

Yikes! Talk about waste of money. Do y realize now, capacitors don't do anything to help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us