SPL Blazer 2 door.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2731
My friend just bought a POS 1997 2 door Blazer and wants to turn it into a SPL car. We started dampening it today (which is by far the most boring thing ever) and now were looking for some subs and amps. He wants to either run 2 12s or 2 15s im leaning towards the 2 12s because i know theres lot of crazy loud cars out there with 2 15s already.

We are thinking about running Treo CSX subs because we can get discounts on them and 2 RF T4000.1s because he already has one of them. The CSXs are dual 2 ohm so we would be looking at "8000rms" but im pretty sure those amps will be closer to 10000rms with the right electrical. Im going to call Treo tomorrow to see what box size they suggest because its not listed on their site and maybe get started on it tomorrow or wendsday. Im looking to run dual 250A alts from MCR, 4 Kinetik hc2400, and 1 hc 1400 under the hood. I think that will be a pretty solid electrical for burps.

Incase you didnt feel like reading all of that...
Crappy 2 door blazer
(2) Treo CSX 12s or 15s
(2) RF T4000.1bds
(2) MCR 250amp alts
(4) Kinetik HC2400s
(1) Kinetik HC1400
and a strictly SPL box (maybe interchangeable ports...)

Sound good? Feel free to make comments on anything...

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2896
i don't know much about the competing classes, but i assume you'd be in a different category with 2 12s then with 2 15s right? or does it go by wattage?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5156
I'd really just do the 15"s.. or just run a single 15" .. guy local burped a 154.6 with a single 15" in his explorer on two strapped ia20.1s

or if you don't want something everyone has do some 18s" :-)

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2732
18"s would take up too much box space. We want to make everything legal so were looking at around 9 cuft before displacement. Im hoping with 2 12s to hit 154 and 2 15s to do closer to 155-156ish. I personally want to run the 2 15s but he likes the 2 12s because he thinks a higher score will be more impressive...

Most of the comps around here are USACi or dBdrag and they have different rules so we might have to change things from comp to comp. Im already seeing we will be running into problems if we use the RF amps because we would be in the highest street USACi group (4000rms @4ohm). We might need to change amps.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1314
with any of that equipment in db drag you are looking at super street nw if its below the window line. mainly because of the batts. mid 150s will place you well at most 1x or 2x events but at 3x or wf you will need a 160 plus

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2733
Thats what i mean about changing from comp to comp. Ill only use 2 of the kinetiks for db drag and that will drop me down a class then correct?

Hah were not trying to make it to WFs... not yet at least. If anything i want to do sq stuff hah this is just for a little fun.

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1315
2 batts 1 front 1 rear car off will put you in street c

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1316
but 2-15"s is street c 2 bATTS
2-12"S 1 BATT is street b

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2734
Ahh i didnt know they were counting the front battery... I need to get my reading done 1st hah.

Thanks Scott.

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1317
ps 150 plus in street class is harder than you think

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5159
jake, sq ftw :-)

Gold Member