4 btl 18s, 4 memphis 4kws *Pics and vids

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1364
Ok, I'm almost ready to turn things up.
Most people on here know I have 4 Memphis 4kws and 4 Fi BTL 18s, and that's what I'm still running.

Just installed 4 alternators (3 Iraggi 380s and my stock 130.)
MLA module (they are awesome).
And a bunch of other crap.

I have to get a roll or two of 1/0 in before I can turn things up all the way- but it's at about 1/2 volume now (8000rms).

Just thought I'd post a few pics and vids before I get metered tonight. Should still be plenty (3-5db) left in it before rebuilding ;)

As soon as the spools of 1/0 come in I'll clean things up and clean the wiring up.

All 4 alts are running, although it took a ton of work and the belt wasn't long enough to fit. No where had a long enough belt so until I order one I'm only on 3 of 4 idler bearings- but hey it works :-)
Upload
Upload
Upload

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GntUrXZUEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GntUrXZUEE[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3CcyxzYQo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3CcyxzYQo0[/url]

Hopefully some scores tonight.

Bronze Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Post Number: 15
omg lol....now that's a serious alternator install. your car now has 14 rwhp lol.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2211
WOW. I'm speechless! Thats quite an electrical system

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict -PS3-

Post Number: 2475
wow Troy... lol. come a long way since the beginning.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 981
that it just plain sick...

mad mad mad props troy!

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 931
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IVlMDnfp-4#GU5U2spHI_4

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2730
Very nice Troy. Im glad you finally got that in.

Who did your work? Im thinking about getting a little SPL car by the end of the summer and will need to run dual alts.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16776
Looks like you could take a small town off the grid lol. Nice rack of alts.

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 588
thats a sick setup man. love the alts.

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 589
can we get some pics or vid of the subs and stuff?

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 697
holy sh*t. thats sick.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1860
Quad alts FTW!

Yea lets get vids of equipment...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3972
Nice alt set up. Thats some seriuos engine bling.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1102
You are too loud when you say "but it's at about 1/2 volume now (8000rms)."
LOL
Troy jones is not the east coast Meade. Meade is the west coast Troy Jones
someday im gonna make a trip to SC to see this.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2198
damn me n colby was just talkin bout him having a stock elec

said he aint have the money LMAO i see

3 380 Amp alts DARN LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 1365
I'm still not touching Steve Meade, but thanks for the compliments. Maybe with a bunch more work I'll get close, but by then he'll probably be on to bigger/better things lol..

Gibson, it has a dramatic influence on the performance, but I don't really have the belt/pulleys like I will when I get a bigger belt so I don't know what kind of difference it will make. I'm either going to get a cr0tch-rocket, or dual exhaust and new computer tune (guaranteed 30-50rwhp from the shop)- so that should help some. It has like 285hp stock anyway, so it moves itself alright.

Jake Papa- I've done everything except the alarm myself. Iraggi did the alternator bracket but if you need anything electrical contact the guys at missinglinkaudio.com- their customer service has been 10/10 so far- they answer the phone 7 days a week- even holidays!

A few pics of the setup:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1366
Yeah Eric, it's been a lot of work lol...
btw, my ps3 name is tejcurrent if you want to play some cod4

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5944
Thats awesome troy. now you need about 8kw of components ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1367
I know lol. About to post score pics :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 362
KABOOM!!!

Sweet TROY!
<--------- extremely jealous

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13815
will check out that video later but holy crap dude !

u got alot of current as if ur plugged into a wall socket !

high 150s to low 60s perhaps ?...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1368
At the dash
Upload

30hz
Upload

32hz
Upload

42hz in the kick
Upload

We were going to do bassrace when 2 cops showed up, we decided to end it there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1369
Maybe high 150s with all the power in there, but not sealed at 32hz ;)
I'm considering redesigning things a bit, but it did 152 and change from 31-43hz.

Colby could vouch for how much pressure I'm losing through the sunroof and rear hatch though :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13817
for that low 30&32 hz thats a excellent score

whats ur ride's res freq btw ? ...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9713
Thats awesome Troy. I might be making a trip to Mrytle Beach SC this summer/fall just for golf. Any chance you are around that area so I can take a listen? :-)

Also, I added you on PS3, accept it lol. From JMG033

Nice numbers man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1370
Thanks!
Yeah man, I live here just let me know when you're planning to come and I might be able to get you some good hotel rates too if you need 'em. I'll accept the next time I'm on.

A sweep said I should peak at 52hz, but I seem to do best around 42 with the door open. I just did my best tonight at 32 sealed though. Maybe a 45hz burp port would be in order..
I have a 32hz port I want to try, this was the 36hz one.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2736
Jesus! 155 is so loud. Were you in the car when you did it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1371
Yes lol, so was the guy who owned the meter. At that low a frequency it feels awesome. I think it was still around 150 at 25hz, but I had it on real time when the cops rolled up.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2737
Haha thats insane man. I could barely stand 152s it takes your breath away.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1372
I'm sadly getting used to it- remember that pressure feeling the first time I cranked it up, but it always fades with time :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13819
last night at a local show here in my country i witnessed a van with 8 15" DD's being metered (thinkj it was bassrace & it did 155.something & man when that van's 2 front & 2 side doors were open u couldnt stand 20ft in frnt of it because it was fuggin LOUD ! ... not to mention another van with 10 15s TREO which was even more frickin LOOOOOOOOUDDDDDDD! ......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1373
I wish I could do a huge setup like that, but I need a daily driver that can seat 5 and be able to look out of the rear windows :-( (A compromise with the wife.)
I know I could bassrace 149.9, I've done 152(almost 153) once a few months ago, so maybe I could touch that 155 when it's all said and done but who knows?

If I could find an old astro I'd so do a wall and try to get that 160.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1596

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9715
"I wish I could do a huge setup like that, but I need a daily driver that can seat 5 and be able to look out of the rear windows "

I would kill for a "daily" set up that could bassrace 150+ lol.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20923
congrats on some serious juice troy. also big congrats on that score. that is sick man. with some tuning you can get that score up even more.

next time have someone sit on roof of the car where right where the front windshield meets the roof and then meter it.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2119
Troy i am happy that evrything is coming a long. You have put lots of hard work and it shows.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 659
thats sick troy

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2741
Troy what are you looking at for frontstage?

Quad 6.5s in each door? :-)

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20925
have someone sit like this and then meter it.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 983
haha chad ^ that looks sick though troy congrats on gettin it all together

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1861
good scores.

I hear ya on the getting used to the loudness though

Silver Member

Post Number: 932
Chad, I've actually volunteered to sit on the sunroof, and maybe will the next time I'm there. As for the rear hatch, theres nothing a bunch of guys can do about stopping it, when you try and hold it you just get shaken sick.

Jake papa, yeah it really does just take all the air out of your lungs sitting in that car, especially with the higher notes.

I just wish I could find a video camera that could do some justice in showing how much EVERYTHING in the car actually moves. The camera only managed to pick up the rear hatch movement the best, and it just makes it look like its moving really slow anyways..

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9304
nice Troy....very loud scores at such low frequencies

Rovin...."last night at a local show here in my country i witnessed a van with 8 15" DD's being metered (thinkj it was bassrace & it did 155.something & man when that van's 2 front & 2 side doors were open u couldnt stand 20ft in frnt of it because it was fuggin LOUD ! ... not to mention another van with 10 15s TREO which was even more frickin LOOOOOOOOUDDDDDDD! ......"

I was at a show local recently where a guy had 6 35 series digital designs 12's or 15's in a wall and he hit like 157.8 db and it was a daily setup on 6 dd amps and I was standing how many feet away and when he had his door open it was still too loud for my ears

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 147
i just got back from the texas heat wave here in san antonio and there was some pinto with 2 memphis 4kw and 2 15" RD alpha v2's and it metered at 160. i only took one pic of it stupidly but oh well here it is
Upload

the head unit stand was hilarious. if anyone wants more pics a got tons more

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 985
ya more pics matt

Gold Member

Post Number: 1375
Thanks guys!

Jake Papa- I have just one set of realm 6.75 comps, but I would love to have a 2nd set and a 8" mid, I think that would honestly be enough. Right now one set is great for listening, I can hear the words/highs all I care to.

Chad lee, thanks a lot. I plan on some tuning to try and get 156 without turning up the amps, but really once I get the extra wire in I'll crank the amps up to twice the power they're putting out now, so I should see quite a big gain. Hopefully I'll have the wire in about 2-3 weeks (I'm getting 50' rolls of kicker flex for $90, so I'm not complaining about timeframe).

Colby- next show is june 7th if you want to go, maybe we can try the roof thing if it doesn't permanantly damage your manhood lol..

A big black electronic box broke out of my rear hatch today, don't know what it's for though (maybe the wiper?)

Thanks for all the pos feedback guys! I noticed the belt was slipping a bit today so I'll be changing the pulleys again lol...

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 704
uhhhh where are you getting those flex spools from? me want.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 379
"A big black electronic box broke out of my rear hatch today, don't know what it's for though (maybe the wiper?) "

Since i've upgraded my wiper motor can be heard rattleing around the bottom of the hatch, and I can move the wiper manually with ease.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1376
I think I'm just going to take mine off.

Shhhh... it's like the commercial, I've got people (discounts ftw)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8104
Troy what did you peak out in DB legally and at what frequency?

Silver Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 141
Troy Jones made my ears ring for three days straight. He has given me no choice but to sue him for the damage he has done to my hearing.

Sh1t is loud as fck

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7576
Nice system for the most part. But get some decent amplifiers and you wouldn't need 4 alternators to power them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1377
Sorry, I've been on a cruise all week.

^Alex, I should've made you sign a waver I guess lol..

I didn't have a lot of time to play with it, like I said the cops showed up. It did the same numbers at 32hz as it did at 42, but from the past 42 was always the loudest sealed up. I'm getting THE first pro style MLA module :-) Should be pretty bad-ast That + some wiring things and I'll be able to experiment some more.

MS, if you could recommend a few better amps for the price I'd happily switch :-)
Besides, I'd rather have overkill than not enough.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
haha. its all good

tell kristen my mom said thank you for the bread stuff. it exploded this morning becuase she forgot to let it deflate but it was in a bowl so no mess...

also i think you'll be happy to know i got off my tuner rant and i think im getting an 07 mustang gt with the shelby package ... but we'll just have to see how that works out.

but i know for sure i'll be up this summer to help out or just to hear it when you get the wiring and other ends done

Gold Member

Post Number: 1378
Damn you rich kids gettin new sweet-ast cars
(j/k), but my first car was an old faded toyota corolla lol...

Glad to hear you're looking towards some muscle :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
yeah well i think my parents realize how much i need a car. they said okay and i took my dad to see the stang today and its close to what he was planning on spending for a new car a while back. the mustang has like 25k on it so the guy should be selling low 20's. but ill have to pay for gas and insurance which im sure arent gonna be cheap.

regardless im still looking forward to getting it and im gonna try not to let the money affect my decision.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1380
Yeah, my parents didn't believe in new vehicles- really vehicles that cost much at all. They could've afforded to buy anything they wanted outright, but my dad drove around a 15 year old corolla. He wasn't too worried about keeping up his image though. He thought putting much money in a car (or car audio) was stupid because it could get wrecked or stolen.

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1644
That is NASTY!!!!
151+ at 30hz is CRAZY AWESOME:D

Very impressed brotha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1381
Thanks!
I just got in my new MLA module, gotta represent missinglinkaudio.com.
He shipped it friday NIGHT and it got here Monday afternoon. Super quick shipping!
I don't know if this new "PRO" version is available yet, but it has a few features the original didn't/doesn't.

Switch from low voltage (14ish) to high voltage (15ish)- it's legal for all types of comps.
To me it's worth having all the wiring for multiple alternators.

My factory idling voltage is 13.8v. Idling voltage is now 14.9-15v. I still need to charge my batts and then we'll how it sits.

The Iraggi alternators are supposed to be internally regulated at 14.7v, but at idle they were idling at 12.5-12.6 on there own.. Yep, discharging.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 936
That thing looks pretty sweet let me know the difference in SPL and how much power you can run now because I'm considering the MLA module.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2801
Im kinda confused about the MLA mod... any links to help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 937
http://missinglinkaudio.com/index.html

Don't know if you managed to see that link on the decal in Troy's pic, but that's all I managed to get lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1389
missinglinkaudio.com

They also have a section on the SMD forum.
They can tell you if they have a model available for your vehicle.

It does a few things (in simple terms, they can explain it much better):

1. Provide conncetions for additional alternators
2. Increase your voltage, almost like an external regulator would- but without over-riding your cars built in safety.
3. Compensate for changes your vehicle/regulator otherwise wouldn't.

I tested last night after a short drive and with a little rev my voltage was up to 15.6, and with the car off the batts are resting over 13v now (they were at 12.5 before).

Colby- I'll post up results whenever I can, I probably wont do too much till I get the wire in (I'm buying a spool tonight). May get at least another 3-4 runs out of that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us