2-12" insignia subs or 2-12" dual subs?

Username: Dueceswild16

Post Number: 9
which one is better? I want to know which one will hit harder. I have a Mazda Protege` es, if that would help at all. And what amp/watt should I get?

Bronze Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 77
Honestly, don't get either... What's your budget looking like?

Username: Dueceswild16

Post Number: 10
ughh around 200-300?

Silver Member
Username: Dirtrider125

Post Number: 169
for 200-300 id prolly get 2 type rs or kicker cvx

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Digital DesignsElemental De...

Post Number: 115
why would u say type r's or kicker cvx??? you could get an Audioque HDC3, a pair of Audioque sd2.5's, Fi BL, or Soundsplinter RL-P, just to name a few. hell would have to freeze over before i would get type r's or a cvx over them subs....correct me if im wrong. i guess i just like deep, smooth, loud a55 bass. unless hes talkin 200-300 for sub and amp....then AQ sd2 and a matching 400rms mono to go with it would sound just fine and dandy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
so what r u sayin 2 kicker cvx's wouldnt be loud u must be out of ur mind

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3680
The sd2.5's would be louder and sound better than the cvx's. Been there done that.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3625
There is nothing wrong with kicker CVX's good sub here and weel worth the money if you buy them online.

Say away from insignia and dual products.(No good)

Two of these.
http://www.millionbuy.com/kik07cvr122.html

On one of these.
http://www.millionbuy.com/roct3002.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 3626
CVX's over SD2.5's for SQ

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3681
Not in my situation. What exactly have you ran Joey? I asked you this in another thread a while back and you ignored me. I havent seen you say anything that you have ran.

In my situation I had the sd2.5's in a box made for the kickers 4.3Cuft at 32hz. Kickers with 1800rms and the sd2.5's with 1100rms. Both in the same vehicle, a 94' Bravada. The sd2.5's were louder and sounded better to me. Please tell me the conditions that you heard these under.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 359
NO DUAL OR INSIGNIA... THEY ARE COMPLETELY TRASH!! CVX's are loud and sound very good... Never heard the AQ's so cant compare.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3629
Sorry if I ignored you

3cf. 36Hz straight drop in on a ZX750.1 and to me CVX's had it in SQ.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3630
Same vehicle 2002 ford explorer.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3682
Cool. This is why they say SQ is subjective..lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1719
"so what r u sayin 2 kicker cvx's wouldnt be loud u must be out of ur mind"

It depends on what is loud to you ;)
And no, two KEEKER CVXs would not be loud to me. So am I out my mind or do I know what loud actually is?

Silver Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 360
2 kicker cvx 15's on 2000 watts rms hit 147.2 on TL in a 1999 suburban at USAC stock 0-600 (@ 4ohm rating) not the best but still LOUD and very decent SQ! Not a bad # for all that air space. Defintely good for the price. If you are hitting 155+ daily than I can see where CVX's are not loud to you. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
2 cvx will be loud to 99% of people that hear em

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 698
my vote's for audioque.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2895
"2 kicker cvx 15's on 2000 watts rms hit 147.2 on TL in a 1999 suburban at USAC stock 0-600 (@ 4ohm rating) not the best but still LOUD and very decent SQ! Not a bad # for all that air space. Defintely good for the price. If you are hitting 155+ daily than I can see where CVX's are not loud to you. lol"

no offense, but if someone builds a box for 2 cvx's (not hating on them) to hit 147.2 then that same box MOST LIKELY would have terrible sq.

IMO, pick up a 12" RE SE for 158 shipped on ebay and build a ported box for it. it would sound nice and clean and bump hard (maybe harder than 2 12" duals)

or, pick up two of em and run a nine.1 or an audioque 1200d and port em. you'll be wellllllll off with 2 12" SE's (about 320 bucks)

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1720
"2 kicker cvx 15's on 2000 watts rms hit 147.2 on TL in a 1999 suburban at USAC stock 0-600 (@ 4ohm rating) not the best but still LOUD"

That is a absolute horrible score.
When I had 1 DD9515 and a 1 RD 1750, I was doing a 148.2 in a trunk car.

Silver Member

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 361
"Defintely good for the price. If you are hitting 155+ daily than I can see where CVX's are not loud to you. lol"

^^^ agreeing with you

was not making a recommendation over any others. just stating what our Cvx's were doing.

"When I had 1 DD9515 and a 1 RD 1750, I was doing a 148.2 in a trunk car"

ummmmm, DD9515 is MUCH better than the CVX's.. Would expect that...

"no offense, but if someone builds a box for 2 cvx's (not hating on them) to hit 147.2 then that same box MOST LIKELY would have terrible sq. "

The boxes were built for SQL.. leaning more towards the SQ (trial and error). Not towards a super high TL #. The 147.2 wa achieved after SQ was where we wanted it. Wasn't even gonna get it metered but a car show popped up and it was there so we went ahead and put it in
just for curiousity.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1724
"ummmmm, DD9515 is MUCH better than the CVX's.. Would expect that... "

But when you match two 15"s and a suv against one 15 in a trunk on the same power, the two 15"s should be alot louder.

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
with a burp box it would be louder.. Just how much I do not know. again ours are not geared towards that.but still nowhere near what 2 DD's will do... If We wanted #'s like that in this install.. We wouldn't be runnin' Keeker CVX's lol
with this setup we get good SQ and good air movement..
147+ is not a bad # for a SQ install.. and would win or at least place in most usac stock 0-600 comps. Hell i won 0-600 stock in Lake Charles La. with a 145.5 last Sept.. That was 3 systems ago lol.
Y'all are up there in Monroe area, right? We been talkin about heading that direction to check out an event one day.. I want to get with Canaan on an enclosure build... But b4 I do, I need to decide whether to keep my solo X's or find new subs for my Jeep. My 12 cu ft is to much enclosure for my Cherokee. Need to find a pair of 15's that would be happy with my 2- bxi2005D( i know, i know) with about 8 cu ft of box and still put out better #'s than my Solo X's.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1727
The port I used for my DD in comps was the same port I used daily. Was extrenely musical.

But yeah, We are thinking about hosting a show up here in monroe after "scrapin the coast". Then in August there is a USACI show also in Monroe. Should come up here and check it out man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
Well Nick... Keep me posted on your local events... I checked out the "scrapin the coast" main page and didn'y see any info on audio comp. You gotta link for info on the audio portion of the show? Or at least details?As for Aug. , I am definetly interested.. I like Usaci events as that is what I have experience with..

Now back to Logan Doe.. I am glad you found Ecoustics.. But asking about Dual or Insignia tells me that you dont have much experience with car audio.. Which is okay, because you are in the right place to learn.. Not everyone always agrees at all times, but usually you can get the just of things buy the answers to your questions.. But I will be willing to bet that at least 99.99999% will agree that both Dual and Insignia are not worth their weight in pig sh!t! Hope all this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us