Battery?

Bronze Member
Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 11
I was wondering what type of battery should i get? i'm new to the the car stereo systems. and i'm also upgrading my alt. soon. i'll be running two Alpine PDX-1.1000 that will power a pair of Pioneer Premier TS-W3001D4 12" subs, a 6 ch zapco amp 650 AG series for my mid and highs, a pair of infinity perfect 5.25" component speakers and a pair of infinity 6X9 and thinking bout another pair of 6.5" comp speakers

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 166
You are definitely going to need a Kenetic Battery a high output 200 Amp alternator and u need to upgrade the big 3. then you'll be set. I doubt the stock one can handle this amount of power so upgrade b4 u install all this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
You recommend a kenetic batter. I know there are other brands out there so why is kenetic better or why would you recommend kenetic over the others? like optima and so on. and thank you for the advice! i will do all of those before i install it. thank you!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
I was wondering if 2 HC1400 kinetiks put together were the same as a HC2000 kinetik and a HC800 kinetik put together?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7556
Odyssey. Fast current supply AND deep cycle capable, and stores a lot of power for the physical size. Best you can get for a car audio application........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Sweet thank you M.S. i'll look into odyssey's.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7569
Look around for the best price if you decide to get one. Not many local places sell them. When I got mine Summitracing.com had a sale.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
ok will do and what size odyssey batt do you suggest i try and find? i'll be running about 2650 watts RMS.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7580
Biggest one that will fit in your battery tray unless you want to start modding stuff to fit a huge battery. The odyssey website lists complete specs and dimensions for all of them.

Which isn't necessary for a daily system considering how much power those batteries have for their size.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
ahhh ok ok i'll have to check out how much room i have and see what fits. I dont think i will be modifying anything just keep what i have and i'm sure like you say what will fit should be able to run the amount of RMS wattage i'm running =]

thank you again M.S.!

Username: Radio2318

Post Number: 1
is there any way to connect batteries togather to run a system without hurting anything or is there something i can get so i dont run my battery out of juice? anyone have suggestions? tank you.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7620
An isolator allows you to have a seperate battery for the audio system so the car's battery will not get drained by it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us