Post Number: 2441
300 plus shipping ...

quite a few refs here and ca.com

dont hesitate peopleeee :-)

ohh and i have my sundown 1500d ...

300 plus shipping :-)

Username: Gibsonguy

Post Number: 9
might be interested in the sundown, since im looking at picking up the 1000d at that price.

can i ask why you're selling?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2443
downsizing ... :-)

gonna try out some rd sonances ... more of an sq build

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2203
Someone buy the SAZ. It's a kick ass amp!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2445
bump

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 296
i wish i had the money

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1710
Someone has got to take him up on both of those steals.

Good luck on the sell Mike

Gold Member

Post Number: 2447
bump

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20922
that is a sweet deal mike but ima get me a kicker L7.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 701
you serious?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2448
who me?

or chad

and dont sh1t on a l7 in my thread they are good subs lol

buy ma $hitt

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20927
snow the L7 will be my competition woofer.

bump for an awesome sounding sub at a great great price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2450
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318194

pics and vids ...

buy the combo ill give ua nice price :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2453
man u guys dont know a good amp sub if it fell in ur lap .. for 650 dollars u could be very louddd

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1735
Mike, if it makes you feel better, I will offer $100 for it all :D

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 173
put it all on ebay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
why not sell it locally? a sub like that would blow normal people away.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2454
haha not around here man ... all my neighbors have dope setups ..

fack ebay lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
yeah right...there are a ton of places where people know nothing and you could sell that probably for 2 grand.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2455
highly doubt it man ...

but thanks

bump

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8097
"man u guys dont know a good amp sub if it fell in ur lap .. for 650 dollars u could be very louddd"

C'mon man, for $650 I could throw together something much better than that. Sorry for being an a$shole but it's in my nature and you're asking too much for used gear. Goodluck though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
^^^please explain how you can get much louder than around 150 db's with $650 you jackass lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20951
"^^^please explain how you can get much louder than around 150 db's with $650 you jackass lol."

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8099
Alright, I'll give you $650 dollars and you can come over and install the equipment in my CRX and if it doesn't hit 150 legal on a TL then I keep the equipment, you take the walk of shame and drink your cup of STFU.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8100
You probably don't realize this but just because you have X subwoofer and Y amplifier does not mean you will do a 150, dumb a$s. The amount of time building, testing and tuning out weighs the price of $650 heavily.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
lol....still waiting for your "better" system for $650 lol.

but i doubt we are going to here about this magical setup....

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8106
Why are you so dense? I could throw quite a few combinations of things together that will do a 150 in a vehicle. It'll sound like sh1t and will be what is called a 1 hit wonder. It wouldn't be musical and it wouldn't be only $650 dollars. I could find plenty of sub and amp combos that COULD work better for less money. For example, Konaki subs will break that barrier on a budget but will need a rebuild shortly after. As far as doing a 150 on that amp, it'd be extremely difficult depending on what ohm load you're running it at.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
"I could throw quite a few combinations of things together that will do a 150 in a vehicle. It'll sound like sh1t and will be what is called a 1 hit wonder"

well you deff. have a talent there lol...

"It wouldn't be musical and it wouldn't be only $650 dollars"

hence why this is such a good deal lol..thanks for proving me correct.

"I could find plenty of sub and amp combos that COULD work better for less money."

i challenge you to a dual my friend lol...lets hear about these awesome $650 sub/amp combos you speak of that will outperform the setup he's selling.

"For example, Konaki subs will break that barrier on a budget but will need a rebuild shortly after."

is that one of your awesome combos lol??? i hope not!!!

"As far as doing a 150 on that amp, it'd be extremely difficult depending on what ohm load you're running it at."

The videos show him hitting around 150 (as i stated earlier)on a TL at a 1 ohm load before impedence rise. what is there to argue here lol?

Why are you so dense?

hmmm...good question.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8109
Well, Ill answer your question for you. It's because you're stupid, you can't just buy the combo that he is selling and hit a 150 is my point. I could do with with Kicker L7s for less and with less work involved. Another thing to consider is the current state the VC and suspension of the subwoofer at hand is in, it'll probably need a rebuild soon if not already. Most subs that have been burped a bit usually do. Now take that $650 buy equipment, do a 150 and tell me that you only spent $650 in total to put up that number, not happening. For $650 I could get better equipment for doing a 150 is my point. I can get a motor for cheap or use one laying around and use an old basket and recone the motor and then just find any decent budget amp and bam done. It'd be far less than $650. Not to mention that I've seen alphas selling in the 200s and even BTLs going for less than 300. Hell, I sold my DD 3515s for less than 300.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
"Well, Ill answer your question for you. It's because you're stupid"

Atleast that's something you can argue lol.

once again everything you said is wrong. and you said about 10 more things i could call you out on. luckily for you i dont feel like spending the time, so instead i'll just argue the REALLY stupid things you said lol.

1. if you took your head out of your a** for one second, you would have noticed the dustcap on his alpha says "revolution" on it...hence meaning it is the v.2 alpha. you being an ignorant moron are comparing it with prices with the v.1 alpha which has a giant RD on the dustcap lol.

2. You are trying to argue the subwoofer needs a recone lol. WTF? First off, who said he even burped the driver? or did you just make that up too?

lol...i got to go for a few hours. ill be back later tonight if you still wont admit this is a very good deal. i'll just pwn you until you admit it is lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20954
gibson guy, the dustcap that has a big RD on it is the v2. the one that says revolution is the v1. i used to own the alpha so i know. you can also go to rd website and check it out.

Silver Member
Username: Howtoeatapencil

Post Number: 118
^ yeah I think RD is cooler than revolution

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8111
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318239
There's a comparable sub.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317985
Another that's capable of a 150.

The sundown is a decent deal though. Although of course I am used to Chad Lee's deals :-) I'd personally shell out another 100 bucks though and get something with more power like a KX2500 or an atomic 3k you see them all over the place for the 4-500 range shipped. Not to mention how similar how comparable the Sundown amps are to other amps of lesser value that I won't mention. All in all I was saying that $650 for doing a 150 or "being loud" isn't that great of a deal. I've sold better equipment for less and had a hard time selling.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5951
Mike only hit like a 140 in a hatch anyways, 150 is COMPLETELY irrelevant.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8114
"Mike only hit like a 140 in a hatch anyways, 150 is COMPLETELY irrelevant."

This is true and not to mention that merely stating that simply spending $650 will get 150DB LEGAL is a huge insult to any REAL installer who knows what kind of hard work it takes to pull of that number. Ask Scott S on here, he's worked very,very hard to toss up the numbers he's hit and it's not just money that he's spent. You saying that $650 is cheap to pay for a 150 is pretty retarded, people can spend 2k and still not do a 150.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 681
150 is very high

"Not to mention that I've seen alphas selling in the 200s and even BTLs going for less than 300."

on a lighter note - i have a BTL for sale at $250 shipped but would take less if anyone cares

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20957
daniel

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16809
Chad

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 684
i apologize for the dump.

just throwing it out there because no one is responding to my FS thread

if i had extra money i would be all over the amp

good luck on the sale mr loudon

Gold Member

Post Number: 2456
actually i did a 46 at the kick and 43 at the dash ...

haha i came back to a nice argument eh lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2457
my alpha is a v2 actually .. ive decided to keep it and build a different box .. thanks tho guys ...

the sub isnt meant for spl .. sql woofer ... i like it .. personal preference ...

now when i come to think about it ... the alpha price could be lower but the amp .. thats lower then ne ive seen around the forums ..

it does get fairly loud tho in a daily box ... if i put it in a burp box i could do solid 45s at the dash

reece i did a 40.1 with my q not the alpha

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8127
Thanks for clearing up the BS Mike and being honest about your numbers. I knew you never did a 150 with the sub because I remember you telling everyone about your numbers but I let this jackazz think what he wanted to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2458
oh no i never did a 50 not even close ...

1500 watts ... and 50 on a tl dont usually coincide with each other ...

if i was just going for all out spl i wouldnt have chosen the alpha ..i wouldve gone for the elite spl from revolution...

oh and chad rd made the first batch of v2s with revolution dustcap then switched to the rd outlined dustcap ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
first off rob you said 150 db's not me lol. i said his setup was around 150. to me, 146 in a plain jane install is around 150 with work in a hatch type vehicle.

and you guys are just plain wrong about the dustcaps. the v.2 says revolution on it, the v.1's say RD. www.rdaudio.net is their site, you can even look there.

Sorry rob, but you were just wrong here stating that this was some bad deal. after hours of arguing you have managed to come up with something that may be somewhat close in comparison. to me that doesnt seem like any reason to post dump on this guys for sale thread.

ohh and by the way i believe there is a guy hitting around 160 db's with 2 alpha 15's. just a little FYI. not saying that is what to expect in your installs, but just letting you know what this sub is capable of.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8131
"146 in a plain jane install is around 150 with work in a hatch type vehicle."

Not even close, 146 and a 150 is a HUGE difference, now go away. Like I said it's not a great deal. The amp deal is decent but the sub not so much. Let's not forget about shipping costs.

"^^^please explain how you can get much louder than around 150 db's with $650 you jackass lol."

Yea, I'm the one who said 150 DB. The proof is right here in the thread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2459
ok so lets clear this up gibsonguy

rds initial dustcap featured a blue and black dustcap which said RD on it ... it was on the v1 alpha ... as the v2s were introduced they used the revolution dusctap... the revolution dustcap has since been switched out to a RD outlined dustcap ... alphas can get very loud but the best competitors in the world will have a tough time hitting a 50 in a daily box with 1500 watts .. its highly unlikely ...

trust me bro im defintely not wrong about the dustcaps ... ive talked to steve many times ... been running rd pretty much longer then ne one on this forum ... except for thieves ...

i willing be running a pair of sonance 12s as a daily driver and my alpha will be sold ... so if ne one wants it make an offer .. or 250 plus shipping

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
the point was he was comparing v.2 alpha prices, with v.1 prices. and the v.1's had a big RD, while the v.2 initially had the revolution on them. So therefore by yours saying revolution its obvious its a v.2 and ROB saying he saw them selling for $200 made no sense at all. that was the point of the argument.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3697
Gibson. You just dont get it. When hitting those numbers, its all about install. And you are the one who brought up 150.

"please explain how you can get much louder than around 150 db's with $650 you jackass lol."

Around 150 is very broad. The difference between 146 and 150 is a lot.

"ohh and by the way i believe there is a guy hitting around 160 db's with 2 alpha 15's. just a little FYI. not saying that is what to expect in your installs, but just letting you know what this sub is capable of."

So you think because 2 alphas hit 160 that 1 alpha will automatically do 150? That 160 was in a small @ss hatchback civic. These are burping measurements. These were also in the kick usaci. Forgive me if I'm wrong and somebody chime in if I am, but doesnt the kick measure higher than the dash? That car is also a pure spl vehicle nothing musical about it.

So many variable are in play. Its not as easy as saying sub X will hit 160 or even 150.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
and ROB did you just compare the alpha v.2 to the "NEW" Audioque HD3 lol and say it was comparable? Does the word "build quality" mean anything to you? Maybe that's why you think subwoofers all need new suspensions after being burped a couple times haha.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
And the second setup with an HC motor and VC, won't come close to 150 lol. how can you even say that after saying the alpah doesnt have a chance?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Naledge....

"ohh and by the way i believe there is a guy hitting around 160 db's with 2 alpha 15's. just a little FYI. not saying that is what to expect in your installs, but just letting you know what this sub is capable of."

please read that again. i cleary said not to expect anything, and nowhere stated that it means 1 alpha would hit 150. maybe saying 146 is around 150 is too broad. still i haven't seen one clear cut better setup for $650. and i really dont understand how you can go into someones for sale thread and call them out, when there is nothing that is obviously better. if i saw him selling this for $2000 i'd be the first to speak up. but something that is cleary atleast a very fair deal, you need to be a jackass to complain about.}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us