MY SYSTEM (should i make any changes before i order everything)

Bronze Member
Username: Banginfi1025

COVENTRY, RI USA

Post Number: 53
im ordering two 15 inch l7's makeing a box for them to spec!, to power those i have a hifonics 2600 watt rms amp, for my highs im getting two 12 inch ev's powered by a hifonics 400 watt rms amp, then for door speakers i want to kicker ks components! thats my system it goin in a 1997 chevy blazer. im paying 1500 for everything brand new so i dont think that bad! but any advice would be helpfull.

*WOULD MY SUB BOX BE THE RIGHT AIR SPACE FOR THE TWO 15'S?

demensions
-height 20in
-width 38.5
- depth 25 inch
-port (middle of box) 5 in
-gap from the port piece to the back of the box 5 inch

Bronze Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 73
"for my highs im getting two 12 inch ev's powered by a hifonics 400 watt rms amp"

Why??? That's what your component set is for!

1500 is a nice budget, personally, I would getter better subs and a better amp. I like the the KS components, but I'm sure you can find an even nicer set and still meet your budget!

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 695
h.o alt?

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, NE TEAM RD U.S.A

Post Number: 959
right on snow got a HO Alt???

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1361
I would chose an 8" driver for mid-bass. Also before you consider dropping 2500rms+ in your car make sure you have 2+ runs of 1/0, good grounds, an extra battery and at least a h/o alt.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1971
I would for sure make some changes to that setup. With $1500 budget, you can do a couple things better with that.

Kevin

Bronze Member

COVENTRY, RI USA

Post Number: 55
from listening to you guys i decided i want to go with two 15inch re sx's powered by a 2600 watt rms hifonics brutus amplifier and then i will try to find two 12 inch or 15 inch ev's and they will be powered by a 400 watt rms hifonics amplifier. for components i wanted to go kicker becuase i have heard good things but sinse you guys made me relize better woofers whats better than ks componets (in the same price range).

YES I DO HAVE A 220 AMP H.O. ALT
OPTIMA BATT, 0 GUAGE (MONSTER) FOR POWER FOR THE BASS AND A SPERATE POWER LINE (4 GUAGE) FOR THE VOICE AMP SO I SHOULD BE ALL SET FOR MY AWAITING SYSTEM

how do i figure out cub. ft inside the box and how (big and shape) should i make the port

38.5 in wide
20 in high
25 in deep
(WAS THINKING A 5 INCH PORT IN DA MIDDLE WITH A SNAIL SHELL PORTING SYSTEM)

thanks for the advise

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1982
Wait, your talking running 2 sizes of subs and brands???????

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 573
Just run the fronts for high's or order 2 sets or them for front and rear. don't use 12/15's for highs. waste of space.

Bronze Member

COVENTRY, RI USA

Post Number: 56
OKAY SO 10 INCH EV'S ARE BEST. i am running all my components to my premier 5900 deck and im running my voice amp to the ev's only. i was talking to this kid about subs today and he said that if i got 2 12 inch alpine type x's powered by 2 v-power alpine 1000 wat rms amp. what do you think about that i know nothing about alpine. what components should i go with???? not to expensive

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 987
this is the most random thread.

give us a budget and what kind of sound you want...

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 774
You should fu<king look sh!t up yourself and pick whatever you exactly want. Do some fu<king research before you ask worthless questions. You ask for advice, we give it to you, then you ignore it. Just go away.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6167
god, what a retard. bangin blazer is still stupid i see and still has no system. i remember all his first threads, man, what a douche. i see you still take no advise at all from anyone here.

just go down to circuit city already and get some dual subs in a bandpass box or something and never come back.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 991
those duals in the badpass box are killer!! my friend has those in a tahoe and i cant even stand being in there its so loud. i thought he had like 4 15s but boy was i wrong!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us