Amp gets no power on CD mode

Username: Jayhunter

Post Number: 1
Got a Kenwood KDC-MP335 hooked up to an 1100 watt crunch amp. The thing is, my amp will only kick on when it is in radio mode, I switched the setting to "subwoofer on" and still got nothing. The manual said something about messing with the pre-out but I really don't even know what that is. Can I get some help? Nothing worse than bumping to a decent song on the radio followed by an annoying commercial or radio station jingle.

Thanks! -Jay

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1275
sounds like a rem problem , make sure it's tightly connected to your amp. if it's not you prob have a problem with your hu.

Post Number: 2
Naw, the remote is definatley hooked up, it's just it only gets hot when it's on the radio setting. Maybe I should take it in and have D&B sales take a look at programing it the right way. I have heard the 335 is a pain in the neck to set up right.

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 153
Don't take it anywhere. You have the amp hooked up to the power antenna rem wire this is why its only powered when the radio is on. You need the AUX REM wire (blue w/ white stripe) this should fix your problem. AUX REM is powered when the unit itself is on. No matter what setting its in.

Post Number: 5
The remote wire is hooked up to the solid blue wire at the moment. The only other wire I have in my harness that isn't connected to something is like a tan one and I think it's the mute which I don't even think is supposed to be hooked up to anything. Sure it isn't the pre-out's? I really don't know how to adjust those or know what they are, the manual isn't very descriptive on that model. Would I want to disconnect a wire that is already hooked up to something in my wiring harness? Thanks for the help this type of stuff is really interesting to me!

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 154
what kinda radio is it?

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 155
k that brown wire is a TEL mute wire. i assume it has something to do with onstar vehicles. the aux wire is blue/white and the pwr antenna wire is solid blue. make sure that it hooked to the blue/white wire. i downloaded a manual on the internet.

Post Number: 6
Okay so the solid blue wire is useless then, theoretically if I put the remote wire on the blue/white wire then it should work on the CD and the radio then?

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 156
thats correct!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Man that worked like a charm! It was almost too easy, I feel sort of stupid now haha. Well, now that I have a working system I can share the knowledge and help other people out.

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 159
no problem

take some pictures and post them of ur setup.

Bronze Member

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 15
Here it is, ain't too much but it works good enough for me. Below are pictures, descriptions, and what I paid for it all.

Upload
Head Unit KDC-MP335 ($100 out of box sale)
Upload
Amp and sub, kinda sloppy right now.
Upload
1100 Watt 2 channel Crunch Amp ($140)
Upload
800 Watt Single coil 10 inch Lanzar Max
S/T ($60 with the box)

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 160
do you have good results from that Crunch and Lanzar? is that a Crunch P1100.
2?

Bronze Member

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 18
It sure is! The Crunch and Lanzar work together like bread and butter.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1280
u got taken on that crunch man. that lanzar's not great but for 60 bucks not bad ether. crunch have a bad rep on these forums.

Bronze Member

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 21
Really? My buddy has one and he hasn't had any problems yet. Hey I guess it's better than a Sony Xplod huh?

Username: Rydog2582

Post Number: 1
I know you fixed the problem, but just to let you know the solid blue in most like 99.9% of the time will be your power ant. If your antenna goes up or down when you turn your radio on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us