OT new truck

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, NE TEAM RD U.S.A

Post Number: 950
what you guys think http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/meginnisford/usedvehicles?_flowExecutio nKey=_c8290068E-918C-4141-F811-5D5F3BEDDF2A_k561EF243-2959-E1E9-39FA-064A235D47C D&_eventId_vehicledetails=true&vin=1FTZR45E03PA05803&dealerPACode=07195

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 967
great truck i have the 3.0 my advice is get the 2.3 with gas the way it is

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2202
Don't crash it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 951
lol i wont

Silver Member

Post Number: 952
me and Kevin got it some what planed all out 2 15" Alpha duel 2ohm on a 3250.1 so drops down to .5ohm 300 amp alt from Ohio gen two rd batts in the bed now i'm thinking of driving to fisher to do the box to be a perfect fit 10cuft @ 35Hz so much to do so lil money lol

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2603
dont buy a ford...please??

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2888
wait, 12000 bucks for a ranger with 90k miles.....

what am i missing?

hell you could get an 04 loaded envoy with 40k miles for 12 grand....

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 930
NO FORDS!

Silver Member

Post Number: 954
i got it down to 7 grand but i still dont know if this is the right one

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2204
"NO FORDS!"

x2

Silver Member

Post Number: 956
i kno no ford but idk then what a S10 then

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_the_axe_murderer

Post Number: 12
my job bought new 08 ranger standard cabs for 9100 each. they are pos trucks and the transmissions on 2 of the 5 have already went bad with less than 10k miles on them. the chevy trucks we had before had no failures in 140k miles except alts. and starters

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16754
Poo on all you Ford haters lol. I'm driving my 3rd F-150 and knock on wood haven't had many problems with any.

Ok, so my transfer case went on my first and catalytic converter on my second. So what? They break, I get a new one.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 295
all cars break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
true, but ford really has problems with their transmissions. a friend of mine works for the city and they bought 104 new crown vics in 2004. any guesses how many broke their trans in 36000 mile warranty? 102!!!! really!

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 978
my sister works for enterprise-rent-a-car. and the fords have the worst problems out of all the companies they have cars from, the AC is always going out or the tranny.

toyota tacoma!<<<if you want a small truck that will last

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 912
i hate to admit it.. but these guys are right. i love my mustang (2004 GT) but i almost never drive it and i had to replace some tranny parts already. and this car only has 20,000 miles on it.

on a side note my camaro, which i daily drive, has never had a single a problem and it's a 91.. my family has owned Chevy's and GMs for years.. and it's been nothing but smooth sailing. just a thought when considering quality.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2609
abarca.... i may be partial because I own a nissan but bought it for a reason. nissan/infintiy>>>toyota/lexus. for a small truck, check out the non supercharged frontier. GREAT TRUCK.

Glad Im not the only one to disagree on the ford

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 2929
Gavin, I've only had problems with GM, never had a problem with my 03 standard cab F150 sport, until some stupid lady pulled out head on into me.

I've owned two GMs since them, both had problems almost immediately, the one I own currently, the problems have decreased but still have them. I actually need to take it in to get checked.

Also, my step dad bought a brand new 02-04, don't remember the year, and uses it as a daily driver, supercrew lariat, never had one problem and has well over 100k on it.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1975
I'm sorry but Chevy's never lasted me. My moms camaro lasted a good 750 miles before it broke, and was bought brand new. NEVEr had a issue with my mach 1, and the focus and edge are doing it just fine :-)

I can say the chevy's have the WORST interior EVER! Break all the time, I know sooo many that have.

As for Ford trucks, THE best trucks on the road :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2729
We have had 7-8 Ford/Lincoln/Mercurys in my family and they have all done the job and more. Granted we usually get rid of them after 75-100k miles but never had any serious problems.

I liked my Moutaineer alot and i love my Aviator.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 263
Ive owned ford and gm never had a problem with either. wtf you guys doing to your cars lol. Right now all our family drives fords and we never have a problem and we travel alot.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16770
They've lasted me is all I can say. Of course I don't beat the shit out of them either. I'm easy on the throttle and brakes, don't off road much if at all, change oil regularly, ect....

It's all about what you expect out of your car/truck that determines your opinion of it.

My mother had a Probe that she NEVER changed the oil in. When the oil light came on she would simply add a quart and it would go away. She did that for 3-4 years!!! It still ran to the day she traded it in though. I can only imagine what the filter looked like. Women should never handle their cars' maintenance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
what great timing! i get to work this morning after being off for 3 days and "hey where is the other truck?" its at ford with a dead transmission. it only has 4450 miles on it. thats 3 of 5 that have had their trans go with less than 10k miles. i like fords but they have a real problem with transmissions!

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3684
The only Ford that I ever owned was a 92'Taurus SHO. I bought it used but the tranny was shot within 4 months. Automatics FTL!

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1977
Donkey, you do realize how work trucks are drove correct? Why does the state of GA use Ford for their trucks, cause they last through the beating. I would never buy a ranger for that though, those trannys take alot, but people just don't treat things right when it isn't theirs.

I am HORRIBLE on transmissions. Well, on mustangs anyways. I drop it into 2nd and pop the clutch at 50 mph and so forth. Never had an issue :-) I had 46K when sold, and never had an issue at all. 20K was probably sideways too.

My first car was a 88 Ranger. Sold it with 275+ miles on it. Had to change clutch once and a sensor under the hood in its lifetime with the family. We have a couple F-150's in family right now with over 200K on the dash and no issues. got 64K n the focus and 41K on the Edge. We drive ALOT! We live hour away from her work, and family live 2 1/2 hours south.

Anywho, I love my Fords! when you buy a Chevy, you buy the tranny. When you buy a dodge, you buy the engine. When you buy a Ford, you buy the truck :-)

Kevin

PS: Just remember wat big power cars run........ FORD 9 INCH REAR ENDS!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
yes i know how work trucks are driven, because i drive one every day. i drive the same truck every day and i treat it like it is mine. no beating is going on and "mine" was the second broken trans at 8900 miles. thats with no towing (doesn't even have a hitch) and the biggest load it has hauled was less than 300 pounds. matter of fact while that truck was being fixed i drove a loaner ford focus and did the same job with no problem

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 298
did u put the right tranny fuild in it or even check it? or the rear end fuild ? that be y the tranny keeps going out

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 363
"PS: Just remember wat big power cars run........ FORD 9 INCH REAR ENDS!"

Great differentials.. But not as good as Spicer Dana 60. JMHO
The front loader 9in. are easier to work on though

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1983
Yea, I love my 9's though :-)

Donkey, I don't know what deal is there then. only person to hear that from.

Kevin

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 981
i have a b3000 (ford ranger) and both my sisters have jimmys (blazers) my parents a yukon my truck is the oldest and has had 0 major probs my family replaces something new every few months on their trucks. I agree though if you have the cash get a frontier or tacoma sexy trucks and put together excellent

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2614
if you have the money..? I only paid 11500 for my 2002 xcab, 5 spd. 4 wheel drive with 48k miles on it. frontiers arent that expensive.
tacos on the other hand get steep because they are yotas. ifyou get one, get an early model '90s with the 4 banger. my friend has one and it has amazing power, and great suspension flex for a stock yota

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 982
i was refering to the newer ones but they are all great trucks i almost got one instead of my truck that was an 01

Username: Excursion

Post Number: 5
f.o.r.d. Fix Or Repair Daily/ Fu(ked Over Rebuilt Dodge /Found On Road Dead

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2615
ive also heard first on race day too

Silver Member

Post Number: 964
okokokokokokokokok im gettin a 02 FORD EXPLORER XLT 7400k on it im payin 7350 tomorrow its black i'll get pics up soon hehe

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16792
Bottom line is what is the best selling truck in the US?

Are they all dummies?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3692
"7400k on it"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16794
Miles don't really mean much. Seriously.

That's like someone trying to sell an Indy 500 car with the title: "Only 500 miles".

What kinda miles were they?

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 706
7 million miles. damn

Silver Member

Post Number: 967
just sayin wats on it lol

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 933
To add to this, my friend has a fairly new F-150 and the rear end's already broke...

Username: Excursion

Post Number: 6
Paul, ford counts chevy trucks and gmc trucks seperate for that slogan. if you check fords truck sales to general motors truck sales you will see g.m ass reems ford every year. screw them both and buy a toyota
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us