Laws on systems in texas?????`

Username: Jonny_boy

Withcitaw falls, Texas United States

Post Number: 4
can anyone give me a link to sight that has a specific law on how loud you can play you music? i go to school in a very small town(population 521) and we have this one cop that thinks if he can hear it he can tell you to turn it down. he doesnt even have a decibal meter so i dont even know what he's thinkin.

Silver Member
Username: Davidt487

Texas

Post Number: 130
i cant really help with the laws but were are you from because wichita isnt a small town

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 2926
as far as I know, if they think it's too loud, they can ticket you for it.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2601
Ive always thought that was a BS law b/c I have had my music turned down in my jeep but with the doors being so thin, it sounded pretty loud outside. Granted, it definantly wasnt booming but a cop that used to go to my school said if he could hear it outside the car, he could give us a ticket.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 970
i live in orlando and if they can here it from i think 30 feet away ticket right away ive gotten a few then again stock speakers in any car can get that loud so its kinda crap

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9702
If he tells you to turn it down then I would probably turn it down. Its not really worth arguing for.

Silver Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 139
15 feet in SC.

We measured the 15 feet directly out sideways from the front tire after receiving a ticket and you could hear it on volume 6 out of 60 (car is 97 expedition with straight pipes and it was running when we tested it)

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, NE TEAM RD U.S.A

Post Number: 958
curb to curb in NE even know you can hear me blocks away lol

Bronze Member
Username: Maddoggvup

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 31
the law in Omaha NE is 100 feet. not like they wont ticket you ne way.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayhunter

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 14
I just sort of watch out for them, talked to one and he said "If it gives me a headache I will pull you over and tell you to turn it down." So maybe play some good music huh? I have to admit, it is hard looking out for cops when all of your mirrors are shaking all over the place.

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 202
Heh, well in the town I live in...I have actually had 2 different cops on the same saturday night, one being a constable actually...well they asked how loud I could get it, so I stared at them blankely trying to decifer if they were testing me or what, but me being a cocky 18 year old, cranked it up. They just laughed and said it was 'damn loud'. then they left. but I have had one undercover cop in a crap mid 90 intrepid tell me to turn it down. never warnings or tickets or anything.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayhunter

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 20
I was JUST on a drive bangin to some 500 degreez and I decided to cut through the addition then when I pulled in my driveway I saw a cop flying out the other side of the addition from a speed trapping post, thought he was after me but it was just some rich old lady speeding in her Lexus. Fwew! Cutting through that addition was probably a good idea, I wouldn't have seen him in time to turn it down! Im thinking about hooking up a kill switch to my remote wire just in case, might not be a bad idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us