Fisher Customs and SSA teaming up

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3655
They will be doing Fisher Enclosures/Icons combo. Prices are to be determined and more info to come. Good move for both of them though.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17777

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 652
very nice

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1578
Thats sweet! Wonder what the price will be loaded?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 726
B.J. is our USA loaded box guy and Thumpper of Pound That Sound is our loaded box guy from Canada. Both very talented builders.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6132
x2^. i've had bj build me a box before and it was one of the best i've ever purchased (if not the best). also checked out alot of thumpers' work and i really wish he lived in the states cause his boxes are amazing looking and reviews are all great.

and denim, any word on your new sub yet?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 2922
I'd be interested in a dual 10" box combo deal. what's up denim?

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
ctmike, the proto super8 will begin testing tonight or tomorrow. There is another line coming, but that is still in the prototype design stage and I would rather not give any details until we have a physical working model first.

Theives, it would be best to contact B.J. on the pricing for the box deals.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6135
could you at least pm me some info on the new line, on ca.com? maybe just size and power handling (want to see if i can get one to fit my dd). can understand if you can't though.

also, does this mean bj was persuaded away from working with low-hz and thier combo deals?

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
BJ contacted us about it, never knew anything about another company. I will shoot you a PM on CA now, but not too much to say just yet.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1676
Bj will be the only person I deal with for boxes here on in he does amazing work!

Plus people locally want $600+ for a
fu|<ing box. Sucks not having access to any tools.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6136
yep, bj or phil will always have my business in the future. and the only ones' i recommend.

and thanks for whatever you can share denim:-)

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3659
BJ made the sealed enclosure for my Q 15's. Great guy. Answers emails very quick and build quality is outstanding. Since he uses trupan ultra light it cuts down on shipping making his prices very very good.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9700
Yea I read this last night. Seems like a good combo.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5923
that's awesome. at least its not JD.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 2924
denim, the question was: is there a dual 10" combo deal at all?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5925
that's awesome. at least its not JD.

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 424
Im glad to be a part of SSA. The loaded combos will actually be offered dirctly through me, so if there is any questions on the combos, Im the one you would need to contact. I will get some pricing info up over at SSA soon. I had some pricing set up, but with the ever increasing shipping costs, a little evaluation may need to be made. Dont worry though, they will be great deals!

And the thing with low-hz...

That deal was sort of worked out with Ben, since he has disappeared, kind of went out the door. Kevin has been kind enough to leave the info up on his site. But unfortunately no sales have come from that...

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16774
Bigger shop in the works? Gonna add an employee or two?

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 425
A shop at my own house, has been crossing my mind, but at around 25 grand, its a tough call to make, lol. I have a friend that helps me out a little when he has time. But he has become pretty busy as of late, so its been hard for him to make it out. Its hard to me to hire someone, because its pretty expensive to train, and I dont want just anyone doing the work. I want the quality to continue to stay the same.

So for now, its going to continue in my parents garage mostly by myself. My "real job" has had be working a lot more overtime, so there are times it has been extremely difficult to make it to the shop every night, like I like to.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16777
Looks like the right avenue for ya though. You've got the rep and now orders will only increase. Looks like you'll have a decision about your "real job" soon.

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 426
Yea, I have that magic number... Once I can get to that number per month, its time to take it on full time.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2898
mind if i ask how old you are fisher? (not trashin' you, i'm jw)

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 427
Ill turn 23 later this summer...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16780
Where did you get your woodworking skills from? Shop class? Family? Both?

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 428
Well, I have always liked building stuff, ever since I was really little. I would help my dad on projects around the house.

My dads uncle started Fisher Lumber a little over 50 years ago, and my dad has worked there for almost 30 years. When it was time for me to get a job, I started there, working in the wood shop. I learned most of what I know from there, probably more than I did in shop class (took 4 years of that in HS).

Then after that, it has just come to practice. Ill find new techniques on certain things by reading around on different forums.

So to answer your question Paul, a little of both. Lol

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 429
Oh, and to those that are interested, the pricing on the ICON packages have been posted over on SSA in my section.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16782
"I started there, working in the wood shop. I learned most of what I know from there, probably more than I did in shop class (took 4 years of that in HS)."

Been there. Had carpentry in HS as well. My teacher hired me part time. Did allll kids of remodeling and additions and such. Mostly to older Victorian homes. Roofing, siding, you name it we did it. Taught me volumes. To this day there isn't much about a house I can't fix.

That comes in handy when you own your own home someday trust me.

Silver Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 430
Oh I know what you mean. I bought a house about 2 years ago, and it is nice to be able to do stuff on your own to fix it up. Saves a lot of money.

I just wish I knew how to do more of the work like you. I have never done any roofing, siding, etc. Just mainly smaller interior stuff. I can do a little electrical work, and plumbing work as well.

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3690
BJ, you should see his bar. (jealous)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16784
The only thing I ever paid to have done to my own home was to have a sparking main breaker replaced. I was nervous in doing it myself. I paid over $400 for some Neanderthal to come out and simply swap out a $20 breaker, because water had made its' way down the line into the box. He didn't even replace it with a new breaker but a used one.

$400 to pull something out and put something back in.

Never again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us