Attention sq guys

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20887
i got these picutres off of dls website. they are from dls featured cars. anyways looking at where the speakers are mounted, i can only wonder how the imaging would be. the speakers would be right in front of your face so the one that is closer to you would be stronger thus making the imaging off unless you use time correction.

dls is a respectable company so i would assume they know what they are doing.

so my question is you think its worth to try something like this?

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 725
If you have the tools, motivation, and time to do it. The design was to get as much on axis sound production as possible. There was a car not too different from this a few years ago, looked much like they did a straight up glassed in speaker tower where the dash was.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 2917
no, not in your car, especially since you haven't heard it in person

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 950
building a fiberglass dash is a LOT of work but that would be so sweet

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20889
i wouldn't know how to do that p rick. i would build some pods to do that.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2727
To me it seems like the imaging would be extremely high on all of those setups. Personally havent heard anything like that but it might work.

I moved my tweets up to the A pillar in a fiberglass pod and they sound alot better there than they did glassed in the door so maybe everything sounds better up top.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2728
And think the guys at DLS know a little more than everyone on ecoustics... So call and ask them Chadly.

Well theres glasswolf... hah

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5126
thats the best locations for your speakers..

remember the key to SQ besides the dynamics and clarity is the sound stage and imaging

you want to try and make the dash a stage, with the speakers mounted up there you've done that.. it is hard to have components mounted below the dash to come up high enough.. you can get it high but not projected outwards..

example.. your sound stage may be eye-level but not projected far on the hood like it would in those setups.. it is possible but just harder

this is why I'll be mounting my klipsch on the dash of the rex like those setups you see there :-)

OH AND CHAD! the 1st pic with the nobeliums, why don't we have those cool grills :-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20895
yeah i like those grills.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 956
if your interested i can send you a link on my other comp i found one of a guy building a brand new dash out of a mdf skelaton its sweet.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2517
Jake:
I'm planning on moving my tweeters up to the A-pillars too. Hopefully my results will be good as well.

BTW, dude, check your email if you haven't.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4539
IDK about that Kevin, All my components are below dash level and it projects awesomely, seems to float right at dash level. It is hard to describe it but all I can say with the time alignment all setup it is like it is floating in front of your face if you know what I mean. Now they are angled and that is what probably helps and the 200+rms each speaker helps to not to mention the RF 3sixty is pretty fricken sweet, hehe..Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5130
well you don't want it to float dash level.. you want it EYE level and projected far on the hood.. that is a hard task to do with comps under the dash..

locally in my class of pro sq there are a select few cars that are very quality builds.. none has yet to pull off a 10 on both eye level and projected on the dash

problem is when you gain one youll lose on the other.. unless you have dash speakers

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4540
Sorry but true SQ peeps wear headphones lOl. IMHO there is a difference between normal and extreme SQ and to mount them in the dash like that looks extremely tacky, ok looks like sh!t lOl like it belongs in Tokyo. If I want music on my hood I'll go out and mount a grill horn hahahha...Polo..

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16728
"Sorry but true SQ peeps wear headphones lOl."

That is so true. Environment and distance between the driver and ear play such a huge part in SQ.

I love listening to tunes with the headphones. I just can't hear my phone (cell and home) when they ring.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, NE TEAM RD U.S.A

Post Number: 947
lol

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4541
"I love listening to tunes with the headphones. I just can't hear my phone (cell and home) when they ring."

Well sh!t Paul, I can't hear my phone ring in my car without headphones... :-O Polo..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20897
polo i take it you figured out how to use all of the functions on your processor. it must be nice to have something so awesome.

as for me, i am a natural sound loving guy. that is why i love my pio indash. it doesn't have any processed sound. its just flat as it can be. i let my speakers and speaker installation do all the work. i used to have the pio 980bt and although it sounded good, i didn't like all that processing.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3963
Chad, worry about rims and the jdm kit for now :-). Also, what websites did you use to look up those rims. I need some rims for my ek.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20898
www.visionautosport.com

berny no need to "worry" about rims. lol. i will get those.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4549
Ummm Chad, the processing is defeatable on the 980BT. Don't use that as an excuse to justify buying a different HU lOl. I really don't like processing but using an EQ is different, think of it as 'Tweaking' and that is me a constant tweaker just can't leave anything alone, hahahhah Polo...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20907
lol you know me so well. lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13801
may look & function sweet but easy pickings for some1 to see & jack ur stuff

I'll keep mine in the stock location hidden behind stock door upholstery .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us