Little SQ project im workin in..

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 200
So im thinkin bout putitn a little SQ system in my S10 and i was lookin at either a 12" alpine type-x or a JL 13.5W3. Either sub will get there optimum watts rms. Which of these subs will sound the cleanest but also get the loudest??. Will be goin in sealed box as well

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1568
The Type X should be louder and cleaner sounding.

What's your budget? I'm guessing you need an amp too?

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 201
Well i got a alpine mrp1000 and a RF P600.1 so i was just gunna put the alpine on the alpine or the RF on the JL. ordering it from onlinecarstereo so if u can find a sub under $300 that can get louder while sounding good then ill chance my choices

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9690
New Si Mag ftw.

Only needs 1 cuft sealed.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 951
id go with the mag for sure but you should ask chad lee he has owned pretty much every sub out there lol so hes your best bet

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1570
The Mag won't work, both amps are 2 ohm stable, and the mag is D2.

Are you limited to only onlinecarstereo.com, or are you willing to buy other places? Guessing only 1 sub?

If you are doing only 1 sub, I would assume the Type X would be your best bet, but I've never heard it in person so take it for what it's worth.

Also, you will either need a Dual 4, Dual 1, or single 2 ohm voice coil sub (if doing 1 sub) on either amp you have.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us