Controlling bass on hu

Bronze Member
Username: Dupe112309

Post Number: 88
hey just wondering what you think about controlling bass on your head unit. i have an alpine cda 9884. 2 type r's powered by zx1000.1 and type x components and type r coaxials powered by zx350.4....i had the sw level to +15 and bass set at 0. however my speakers were still flexing a little and one of my friends told me to put my bass down to -7, goes from -7 to +7. since they're powered by my amp should i just turn up the frequency? i can tell that my subs are being quieted bc the bass is turned to -7. What do you think?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1258
u should have a bass hz setting which should be at 80 hz. then a high pass filter you can turn on for the speakers, which should be around 120 hz. you also gotta understand a bass level refers to just that a bass level nothin else. if it's the same setting i'm thinking of it shouldn't affect your speakers only a highpass should effect that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
i have the settings pretty close to that on my amplifiers, but im wondering about the head unit. if i have the frequencies set like that on the amplifier, will it matter what i have my bass set on my head unit?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1265
yes it will help to match the frequencies from the hu to the amp and you should hear the difference.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
the thing is i dont have a "frequency setting" on my head unit. i have: sw level (0 to 15) bass level (-7 to 7) treble (-7 to 7) fader/balance. if i have sw set to 15, and everything else at 0, then have my speaker amp blocking all the low frequencies, it shouldnt matter right?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1269
in that case typically not the freuency setting i'm refering to though is if you turn on the high pass filter on the headunit assuming if you have one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
i'll look for it. what will the hpf do?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1276
remove bass from your speakers do you don't over tax them at high volume.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
so i can't turn the hpf on....but if i just adjust the frequency on the amp and put it all the way up to 200 would that be okay?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us