Ground loop iso?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1253
alright i found out my older 460 watt rms amp can be ran in stereo 2 ch. so i'm happy as can be. then the trouble starts. i install it, it's loud as hell and seems well. then i plug in some rca extenders o it will fi decently under my seat. once again all seems well. so i take a drive and finally i here the doom of a alt howl. it's like someone whistleing when i step on the gas it gets louder. i never seemed to experience this before, the car is a 93 and i have seperate ground for this amp and the powers split into my sub amp. the old 250 watt amp i had no problem and the amp before it no problem. so this one has been a pain in the butt. if i use a straight rca it's very faint i don't notice it much. if i use the extenders the whisper is more noticeible. i also have a pioneer deh series like 2 models before the bluetooth series. so heres the sum of it all if i put a ground lop isolater on just this amp will it cure things? also is this normal? how many on here run them? my father also says it could be the spark plug wires giving off the whisper. is that possible to?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1255
while reading up i found a great article to share about iso's, so ill try it out tomm. http://www.bcae1.com/glisoltr.htm

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1257
well the iso worked for me. so i hope this thread at least helped some people and wasn't a complete loss.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9263
I was going to help you earlier but I couldnt get on the net because I was out of time for my 10 hour dial up juno account...i think you may have been able to fixed it without the ground loop isolator

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1262
eh the iso was cheep and i have grounding issue with one of the grounds in the car anyway, my iso was like 12 bucks just plugged in no extra work to it. was nice and relaxing to just nip it in the azz and i tried everything to kill the noise. i tried new rca's, new extenders, female to female connectors instead to use the dual twist rca's, i went through alot and just couldn't solve it. put in the iso and instantly fixed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us