Check this out

Silver Member
Username: Gula187

Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 118
this is a look of the trunk in the caprice thats just like mine...might have to speed it up a bit but here goes..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYe2PQLvqr8
what would you do???

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2464
Upload

i'd consider getting a new vehicle. but if i were to have that i would probably drop 2 18's in it

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
well actually that isnt my car...i have the same model thats my weekend toy

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
this what another guy told me...

I used to build at least 1 of those cars a week (on average) for about 3 years. I've done everything from a single 10 to 4 15's to 8 12's in those. I know exactly what is gonna happen if you try fitting as much cone area as possible. You want DISPLACEMENT, not cone area. Often more cone area till have more displacement, but not always. You need breathing room and a properly designed and built box will always reign over more cone area.

If you want loud and big, you need at least a double layer box, no exceptions. That's gonna eat up volume too. I'm still thinking a pair of good 12's in a good box. There's nothing I love more than somebody showing off their big system and getting taken to school by somebody with 1/4 of the equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7538
How much space you have to work with? It looks like you could put two 15"s in there. More cone area always wins if the box is the proper size for the subs.

Now if you try to put 8 15"s in 1.5 cu.ft. each to try and get the most cone area, obviously that ain't gonna work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us