Subs to match the JBL 1200.1?

Anonymous
Hi I'm considering buying the JBL 1200.1 amplifier for my '94 Camry. At two ohms impedance, the amp gives out all 1200W. So, I am looking for two 12" subwoofers that offer 4 ohms impedence each and can handle 600W RMS with low distortion so that I can parallel them and run the amp on a 2 ohm load. Also, the amp is one ohm stable, so I could get two dvc subs that offer 4 ohms impedance per coil thereby running the amplifier on a 1 ohm load (the RMS on the subs would have to be a little higher). Some subs I am considering are: the Audiobahn AW1000EU, the Audiobahn AW120XS, and the Audiobahn AW1200X. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks.

I would take a look at the rockford fosgate Power Hx2's Dual 4 or 2 ohm VC's, 1,000 watt rms.

bumpin spl ill ring yer ears
one word nigga JL

TheShakoMaster
I too am thinking about getting the JBL 1200.1 If I do get it, which im pretty sure I am, im going to be pushing 3 15" JL Audio 15w6's. This post really has nothing to do with yours, I just thought id say something. :)

Anonymous
What is the 1200.1's rms rating at 1 ohm?

Anonymous
1200rms its the same just draws less current

Anonymous
Stay away from the Audiobahn 120XS. They are the current subs I have had for like 2 years now and nothing but problems with the tinsel leads frying off. From what my homie who owns a car audio shop told me this is a factory defect for that year only.

Anonymous
At 1 Ohm it is not the same, it is actually 1375Watts RMS, read the technical manual and you can find it there.

Anonymous
Check out IKESOUND.COM to get a really good deal on this am and customers feedback on what they are pushing with this amp. The amp is running $275.00 w/free shipping.

I am looking to buy either the Xtant X1001 1000 amplifier of the MTX 1501d 1500 watt mono block amp...which one is packs more power, and what subs can i push with this. I'm thinkin about the Solobaric 12 inch. L7's....is there something better??? please help me out!

Envious
Well i got that set up on my blazer i got the 1200.1 runing to a pair of AW 1200Q and i got them bridged to 2 ohms and it hits hard vision blurs

Anonymous
nothing can come close to the power of the audiobahn AW1200Q subs.

Especally when you have a D class amp hooked up to them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us