Blown Orion H2 (Pictures)

Username: Jamon

Post Number: 5
So here is the picture of my blown Orion H2. The driver started having a slight scratching sound during low power movements, (some sort of mechanical failure)
It looks like part of the coil became unglued from the Aluminum former. The voice coil wire actually doesn't look too bad.
Now I did have a hard time getting the voice coil out of the magnet, so everything here looks worse than it probably was. The bottom of the former if flared outward because I had been messing with it.

The raw wire itself seems in relatively good condition. Both coil runs maintain proper resistance, so they didn't actually melt, fuse, or blow.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3956
ohh. sorry for your loss.

Username: Jamon

Post Number: 6
Just one more thing. I might just get another H2, and hope this won't happen again. One thing I've head that for the price, the Alpine Type R is really good.
I was wondering if you all think 2 Type-Rs would be louder than 1 Orion H2?

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 921
From what I've heard, those H2's are all around Shitty and don't last very long.

But the scratching noise is most likely because your former became warped in some areas and started scraping the pole piece.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3683
looks like over excursion, and you were hitting the bootom of the former against the topplate and bent it bad and the coild slid off =(

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 922
"The bottom of the former if flared outward because I had been messing with it."

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3684
you cant mess with the former until you pull it out out the motor structure silly
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us