Which comps sound better, cdt cl62 or alpine type x 17ref?

Username: Jonb5150

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 1
I have the cl62s, they're average, nothing special. I was thinking of upgrading them. Would going to alpine type x SPX-17REF be much of an upgrade if anything? or would they blow the cdt's out of the water?

specs for the alpine's can be found here http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SPX-17REF&lang=en&tab =F

Username: Hairbandlover

Post Number: 1
First let me say there is nothing average about the CL line in my opinion they are the best sounding most durable speaker in THAT price range. To answer your question I havent heard those Alpines but Alpine makes quality products but speakers have always been there weak point they are known for HU and amps. CDT on the other hand focus's on speakers, quality and durability. I finally got to hear the ES gold series and the HD series I was blown away, I thought my CL's were good OMG both sets were so awesome. I would imagine you will be happy either way but for me it would be CDT as you can see pretty much everything I am running is Alpine they are awesome too.
HU- Alpine CDA-9831
Sub-RE Audio-SR12"
Amps- Alpine MRV-F450 & MRD-M301
Speakers- CDT CL-62, 2 way comp. & CL-6 Midrange
Vehicle- 2004 Toyota Rav 4

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 2
I have had the cdt cl62s in my rsx-s for a few years, they are just a bit harsh sounding - I don't care for them at all but for the price they are decent, but they're just that. I'm looking for something more now.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1625
I would suggest just getting the HD mid and maybe the newer tweeter (drt-26). That will greatly enhance the sound of your system, just make sure you have some power to throw at them.

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 3
i can get the type x alpine's for about $200

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 320
CDT's EF-61CFi/25's would do well for you as an upgrade based on your price range. Feel free to PM me if interested. I'd be happy to help you out.

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 4
I think I want to try something else this time. I know the cdt's get a lot of praise, I'm just not that impressed with them. However, I 'm not exactly willing to shell-out the money for a set of focal components (I.e. k2ps), the alpine type x seem to be highly regarded.

Still, obviously i'm not so sure...

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 5
to add to the mix, how about dimaond hex's? http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11755

Diamond Audio S600s

onlinecarstereo.com has them on sale for $200

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7499
" I know the cdt's get a lot of praise, I'm just not that impressed with them. "

Haha thats because you bought their lowest line. Type Xs are Alpine's top line so yeah I'd bet on them being better. CDT's top line ES, would blow them away though :-)

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 6
yea but the ES serious can't be had for $200, so the comparison isn't exactly fair.

Too bad I can't hear the DA S600s as theirs no retailer where I live.

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 321
they can be had for a lot less than retail though if you know where to look ;) (in fact, the entire CDT line can)

regardless though...the Diamonds aren't bad. they do lack midbass though.

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 7
Exige, I'll bite...how much can they be 'had' for?

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 322
Check your PM's JB.

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 8
i didn't get any private message

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 324
That's really strange cause I sent it to myself also and I got it lol. I'll send it to your email instead. Check there.

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 9
Thanks! How much is shipping to Vancouver, BC Canada? And could you send it as a 'gift' so I don't have to pay duties?

Vancouver, Bc

Post Number: 10
also, I've never heard of EF-61CFi/25's - i cant find them on cdt's page. Are these ES series or some other line?

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 325
Emailed :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us