Type R 12' Sub

Bronze Member
Username: Xeigh

Post Number: 13
I actually just recently bought a 12' Type r sub and i'm trying to pick the right amp for it. I was looking at the Alpine MRP-M1000 amp i have the dual 4ohm version of the type r, I currently have a MRP-F450 amp for my speakers so i believe i need a cap for my car as well. I'm a bit new to car audio so any guidance would be much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 619
i wouldnt get a cap

maybe a kicker 750.1 for the amp

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7488
No capacitor they don't help.

And X2 on the 750.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Well the kicker 750.1 would cost me more than the M1000.. and i was also looking at the audiobahn amps.

if i don't need a cap then will my car be fine with two amps? its a 99 civic

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 944
find out how big your alternator is.

and you can find a kicker zx750.1 on ebay for pretty cheap

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 306
depends on the amp you pick out... get a good battery and the zx750.1 and you should be set.. No CAP.! complete waste!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7497
Alpine amps are very good also so go with that if you want. Audiobahn = crap so stop looking haha.

As for the electrical system, if anything you would need a HO alternator and high current battery.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
well i guess everyone agrees on the zx750.1 which is a ton cheaper than the alpine.. i guess i'll put it all in and see if i need to get a new battery or HO alternator..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Also if i were to need a HO alternator where would i buy one? and what exactly are they?

Username: Zermelo

Bayside, New York USA

Post Number: 1
HO alternator stands for a High Output (HO) alternator, and if you didn't like spending a bit of money on a quality amp, then you're not going to like the prices of a good HO alternator.

Read here:
http://zena.net/htdocs/alternators/AutoSound.shtml

I have a pair of Type R's, and while they are great subs, you don't want to skimp on the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us