2001 S-10 extended cab

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 489
starting a SPL build on one and wanna know if anyone has played around with one on sub and port directions of which one works best, subs are 2 w7 13.5's off two JL 1000/1

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1908
I know EXACTLY what works in that truck, but bro, you got the wrong subs for SPL. If you want help though, shoot me an email.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 492
yea i know lol, but its what he gots and until he blows them he wants to keep em, rite now hes doing a 149.9 consitently on the TL at the headrest, subs down port down in middle

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2103
I have an 01 S10 x-cab :-) Sub forward and port to the passengers side I think is the loudest. Right now I have sub forward and ports up and it sounds good too. Either way S10s are very easy to get loud. Just play around with the sub and port placement to find the best position.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 493
eh i only got one chance =[ so gotta get it right the first time

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7492
Why would you do an SPL build with W7s...... what a waste of a good sounding sub...... at least do SQL

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2092
ya put the w7's aside and get some l7's or somethang

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2094
if u gonna put 2 w7's in there you better have alot of dynamat.i had a sx 15 in a extended cab s10.there was not a thang on that truck that didnt flex

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6392
Some vehicle's like to flex alil :-)

Test without deadening first, the deaden alil and see what you get.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 495
okay look this is not my vehicle it is my teammate, he already has the subs and is not looking to sell until these blow, currently he has subs down port down. he is doing a 149.9. all we want to do is get the 150 then he will look into getting new ones, prolly some mojo's so i just need subs and port direction suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8068
I would try subs up ports back if it were possible so your compression zone would/SHOULD be near the front end. For you other people...CAN YOU READ? Quit telling him to get different subs because as he stated the JL subs are what he has and wants to use. Make sure you design a box with interchangeable ports. I'd do full resin and a bit of bracing if going single layer. Like Canaan said, try deadening and see how it the before and after results. Sometimes deadening will actually cause a loss in DB.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 496
thanks rob finally lol, but he already tried deading and he did get louder, has alot of flex still too haha, but good idea bout the port back, and itll prolly be double baffled

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 655
damn should be sick. take some pics and videos of this when its finished man.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 499
yea hopefully well get it done with in like 3 weekends, i still gotta do my new box too so pretty much to builds haha

500 posts!!!!!

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 500
so sub forward or sub up and port to passenger???

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_coleman

Post Number: 26
Depends on where you are metering at the kick or on the dash as to how you want to build your box in mini trucks.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2381
i have a 01 x-cap s10

i found the best setup is sub up port to passenger side. thats what im currently using
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us