Computers , Internet Pizz Me Off

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 665
This is for the pr!cks that invented both - - - Eat Sh!t and Die.

And this is for the geek that coined phrase that computers are " USER FRIENDLY " - - - BL0W ME!!!

And This for BILL GATES - YOU SUK !!!!

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 609
haha - that sucks

i run vista and it needs an update or something. if i have a few windows open, i cant open another and have to restart the pc. it blows a donky dicck.

i hate it vista

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1668
Lol at this thread.

"And this is for the geek that coined phrase that computers are " USER FRIENDLY " - - - BL0W ME!!!'

Computers are only as smart as the user. So if you aren't skilled with one, then you will have a hard time dealing with one. I know a few other computer skilled guys on the forum will tell you that also.

"haha - that sucks

i run vista and it needs an update or something. if i have a few windows open, i cant open another and have to restart the pc. it blows a donky dicck.
i hate it vista"

Once again, a computer is only as smart as it's user. And judging by your grammar, you are not exactly there yet, man.

Vista is a operating system still in development. It has its bugs just like all other operating systems did when they first came out. I have has no problems with Vista. Of course, you have to have a computer with the proper specs to run it.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16620
Then instead of reaching for the fast payday manufacturers should take the time and properly field test their products b4 releasing them. I just get annoyed at the resources Vista sucks out of my machine. Why design an OS that REQUIRES a maxed out machine to even run as advertised?

More and more of my available HD is spoken for with each new PC I buy. Remember when you got word and exel for free with windows? Now everything is a trial with hidden agendas (AOL). Just 5 years ago or so I got by on 256k of ram. Today I'm using 2gigs and that's so Vista doesn't crash.

Do I own my PC or does Microsoft?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2163
LMAO Nick. Check your last couple of sentences. :P

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1670
"Then instead of reaching for the fast payday manufacturers should take the time and properly field test their products b4 releasing them"

Paul you know how big corps are today. Money comes before customers. But part of the reason they release it so early is that the first customers are the "beta testers" that they do not have to pay. Saves them money.

"Why design an OS that REQUIRES a maxed out machine to even run as advertised?"

Paul, 2gb of ram is not "Maxed out" lol. My tower is dual booting Windows XP and Linux Ubuntu and it has 4gb of ram in it.

"Remember when you got word and exel for free with windows? Now everything is a trial with hidden agendas (AOL)."

Microsoft does not do this, the computer manufactures such as dell and Compaq include these "trials." This way, they make more money. Big business ftl. An OEM version of windows XP or vista does not include any of that.

"just 5 years ago or so I got by on 256k of ram."

Newer technology requires bigger things. It's just a part of progression.

"Today I'm using 2gigs and that's so Vista doesn't crash."

My laptop first came with 1gb of ram and it did decent on vista. Of course, 2gb is always better to have when it comes to vista. Resource wh0re :-(

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1671
"LMAO Nick. Check your last couple of sentences. :P"

Hah! I made a few typos. :-( But it was still all in good grammar. I can not stand people that type to the point where it just does not make any sense.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9212
Nick V..."Of course, you have to have a computer with the proper specs to run it."

"Computers are only as smart as the user. So if you aren't skilled with one, then you will have a hard time dealing with one. I know a few other computer skilled guys on the forum will tell you that also."

Paul Larrea..."Then instead of reaching for the fast payday manufacturers should take the time and properly field test their products b4 releasing them. I just get annoyed at the resources Vista sucks out of my machine. Why design an OS that REQUIRES a maxed out machine to even run as advertised?

More and more of my available HD is spoken for with each new PC I buy. Remember when you got word and exel for free with windows? Now everything is a trial with hidden agendas (AOL). Just 5 years ago or so I got by on 256k of ram. Today I'm using 2gigs and that's so Vista doesn't crash.

Do I own my PC or does Microsoft?"

so true haha...in general I think Gates should have made a operating system that didnt need so much ram at the current maximum capacity in the average computer

Silver Member

Post Number: 666
Nick,

Computers are only as smart as the user. FUNNY, I didn't know that I was to supposed to have a BA degree in computer tech in order to user the d@mn thing.

KIzz my azz!!!!!! The average computer user shouldn't nor be required to solve the ongoing problems computers create for the user. Nor should the user have to be bothered with such sh!t as having to constantly be wondering is all there computer crap is up to date.

For all intents and purposes, once you buy a computer, the manufacturer of the POS doesn't give a d@mn because they only built it, any problems with it, they tell you to talk to vendor of the hardware/software, their responsibility stopped at the cash register.

So, in the true form of DIY, I'll build my next computer and deal with the vendors directly, so HP, DELL and whomever can kizz my azz because there lack of support of their products licks the head.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9214
Woodlawn Cabinetry - Philster
"The average computer user shouldn't nor be required to solve the ongoing problems computers create for the user. Nor should the user have to be bothered with such sh!t as having to constantly be wondering is all there computer crap is up to date."

your right...but its how it is and most people know that...its the ones who dont that have the biggest problems

Gold Member

Post Number: 9215
you can try linux its free to download and pretty free of glitches unlike windows...and has office type software etc...but youll have to learn all over again

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
Sean,

Yeah, I pretty much know that, I been dealing with computers back when the user needed to know how and what to edit in the autoexe bat and configsys files when it was dos 3.1 and that sh!t was a royal nightmare.

I'm with Paul on this one.

All the manufacturers care about is getting out the next latest and greatest at the expense of the end user have to deal with the mess they create in their wake or appeasing the " techies " of the computer world and the he!! with the rest of us.

UHHHH, I wonder how the end users of car audio would response if they received product in the same manner computer products are delivered.

You'd all be cursing and b!tching about how the product sucks and why didn't they take there time to throughly R&D it before selling it.

Wait a minute, that's what everyone does when a car audio product sucks the choad.

Ummm, funny how when it's computer related everyone just takes it and say " WTF ya want me to do????? ".

The folks that whine about MS Vista get ragged on by those that don't have a problem and inspite of the rejection factor companies will not upgrade to vista because they know the OS Sucks because they are now going to invest tens or hundreds thousand dollars just so everything all works together.

But the average user is supposed to take it on the chin and suck it and pizz away money so everything works together. YEAH.... RIGHT!!!!

Vista's a Pig, MS knows this, yet, they want to force this crap on everyone just to recoup there time invested.... Look what happened MS ME, that pig died before it got out the gate.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9218
I definately see what your saying...and and as far as ME your right that OS was a complete piece of garbage...try linux theres many versions...just do some reading on what you want linux to do... it might be right up your alley...you wont loose any money

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2084
Thanks to all the problems Microsoft has i still have a job. Thanks Bill Gates.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9219
yeah I fix problems for people too and I dont have background in that area ...but I dont get paid like you do eithier haha...the part I hate about it is explaining whats wrong in a way they understand...esp when some answers clearly point out how unreliable windows can be

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9612
Rofl at this thread.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8061
Seriously, if you hate computers so much get off of your @ss and stop using it Phil. Computers have more than likely CONVENIENCED your life than inconvenienced it. If you think that building your own PC will solve your problems you're wrong. You'll still have SOFTWARE issues which are more than likely the case of your issues or problems.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2165
I haven't had any problems with vista so far...

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1672
"I didn't know that I was to supposed to have a BA degree in computer tech in order to user the d@mn thing."

I could run one with no problems at the age of 14. It really isn't a big deal if you learn from mistakes and experiment a little.

"Vista's a Pig"

How so? I have been running it flawlessly for a year or so and have not had one problem. Most people that say "vista sucks" etc etc probably have never used it or have no clue what they are doing and have no right to judge if the OS is worth it or not.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16621
Uhhhh sh1t. I didn't start anything did I?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1223
i'm all for ya Woodland but Nick V's got a point. it's all about how you learned, you complain about computers and car audio, that's 2 diff things lets compare it to your car. you do basic maintence to keep it running and same with a pc. a pc is not a caculator you can't turn it off turn it on and expect the same fast basic operation everytime. software , firmware and system resources change with updates everyday. if you don't do proper maintence just like your car it will breakdown. if you build a car is it anymore reliable? no. but you know how it works and can fix just about anything wrong with it, same deal with a computer. i used to think vista blew but got a new laptop a few months aago and acctually enjoy vista it has decent features but i wouldn't want to run it day in day out. in my opinon vista's more of a novelty just like windows xp was to windows 98 back in the day. once windows xp got on it's feet it was 10 times better. it's all about your knowledge of it and while were talking about comparisons you say that a pc should just work, what about your car? if it breaks down do u push it along and complain about it and mummble as u push it up a hill? no, you take it to someone who knows what thier doing, now if you are into cars you can repair it yourself. thier both machines they need tuning and maintence or they will break down. if a pcwas suppose to last a million years without maintence or anything why do we have people running servers? or even network admins? we have to, the pc requires it. on the linux side of things if you want to writee script for everything to work, more power to you. lastly, you write tis thread exploading about things but honestly you never said what's wrong or asked for help. so why be mad and keep going off? just explain the problem and let others help you out. my steering racks goin on my olds i'm not goin off in the forums or yell in at olds for making a pos car it's about the user and the abuse that has been done. let me ask something, did you know that dvd and cd burners only have a life of so many thousands of burns till the drive is useless? yea so once again i bring up a pcis like a machine not a car amp or woofer. also by you comparison the pc is still more reliable, a pc dosen't just self destruct or burn out at random after 2 years of normal use. the ram dosen't cook it's self after a couple years of use, even wit maintence. woofers still blow so do amps, idk about you but i never herd of a pc going after a few years.not being able to be repaired, during normal use and you have to buy a new one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 668
LOL, that's funny that you should say that people don't have a right to judge a product without judging it for themselves.

What an amazing parallel that folks in car audio make judgments all the time about this product or that product without never having first hand knowledge of the product, yet, many people will not try it due to those that did judge without prior knowledge yet will comment to the latter.

You say Vista is running and no issue's for a year, while, there our many others that have continually lamented to all the issue's they are having... I guess all those folks are just as ill minded as working with there computers.

Rob, get off you high horse dude and don't trying putting words in my mouth.

I never said that I didn't benefit from the convenience having and using a computer, but given your comment, I shouldn't have an opinion about how using a computer is a royal pain in the azz at times.

Software issue's are not a product of the end user, there a product of the software company no throughly doing there job to make the software as compatible as possible.

Software bugs and patches are all part of the deal, but, software that is inherently buggy from the start is just poor programming and testing and any idiot with the mentally of a fruit fly should read the d@mn system requirements before buying it.

How so is Vista a PIG!!!!

Chr!st, when MS tells folks that in run on systems they buy that don't have the processing power, ram and need to update there systems out the wahzoo just to run it. Give me a break.

Technology is a wonder thing to those that can afford to keep up with it and the rest of us are left standing in the cold. To bad the computer manufacturers don't offer the same kind of deals like car dealers offer for car buyers, trade ins and deals on end of year model pc's. They could turn around and sell those used computers to folks in third world country's making computing affordable to everyone. Yeah, like that will happen.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1224
Woodland, Phil whatever you perfer, you can get warrenties just like a car and do, pc's have roughly a year of support esp pc's just like a car, a trade in value is a tough thing to say cause technically i can sell my old pc for 300 to a 100 bucks just like i did with my old truck to the scrap yard.if you look at it from a value stand point in price to value ratio. you acctually have gotten more of a deal with your pc, my truck cost back in 86 maybe what 15 grand or something new and i got a 200 bucks for it years later. same with a pc i paid maybe 600 for my tower and can sell it with the upgrades for roughly 300 4 years later, maybe less. in comparison that's a great value to buy ratio as opposed to my truck. also to the upgrades part of things, windows xp runs fine why did you go to vista? noone forced you noone left you out in the cold. you chose it so therfore becase it can't run on your older machine it's not the companys fault. they gave you windows xp, which is meant for older machines which at the time were current gen machines. it's like Video Games i don't yell at microsoft cause my xbox can't play xbox 360 discs. the software wasn't meant for that system just like vista wasn't meant for older machines.

Silver Member

Post Number: 669
Keith,

I'm not running Vista, I'm running XP PRO.

My sister recently bought a computer running Vista and since she knows that I been using computers for the better part 15 plus years, she asked for my help with getting all her stuff to work with it.

It was a royal bite in the azz, I spent the better part of two days cussing and b!tchin because the software even with updates ( if there were any to work with Vista ) still created all sorts of issues.

At best I could do was get here printer to function, though some of the features of the printer software were no longer functional ( which pizzed her off ) and the photo software for the camera wouldn't install properly because the manufacturer wasn't going to release updates for it.

I won't even get into the grief I had to get her PDA to work to sync with the software, even with the updates that were available.

And will all that security and what not, I got fed up with telling the d@mn thing to allow this and allow that, jesus, it was like asking for permission everytime to to perform a task and it kept constantly locking up if more than a few programs were open.

When I looked at the task manager and the resources being used, I just laughed my azz off at how bloated it was with crap running in the background.

When it was all said and done, she asked me why she couldn't used all the programs that ran on her old system, I told ask Bill Gates for the answers, she sold her system to my cousin and took here old PC out of the closet and she was happy as a clam.

OH and for the record I've been using XP Pro since the day MS came out with it and I never had any issue's what so ever with it running, only issue's were software updates and they were pretty mild compared to Vista working with older programs.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16622
"When I looked at the task manager and the resources being used, I just laughed my azz off at how bloated it was with crap running in the background."

I have my issues with that myself. One of the reasons I hate AIM, or any AOL product for that matter. It just dominates my PC. I've been saying it for a while. Out of the box before I even connected to the net I have almost 70 processes running in the background. That's just booting up.

Even right now with just my internet browser running my HD is grinding and grinding and almost never stops. It has to, it has a lot of mouths to feed.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1676
"You say Vista is running and no issue's for a year, while, there our many others that have continually lamented to all the issue's they are having... I guess all those folks are just as ill minded as working with there computers."

I have only heard the people that don't know what they are doing have a problem with vista.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4524
Agreed ^^^ !!!

I myself have chosen to stick with XP until the GENUINE bugs are worked out not the phantom issues created by pick N pokers lOl. There is a reason why each one of my family members have there own computers... :-O Polo.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1236
age makes the difference with everything with vista's compatabilities. they tried to cut out some things to make room for others.that stuff caused a ton of issues but once again it all depends on the age of the devices.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2095
i got 2gb of memory and a 80 gb hard drive.my vista premium is not slow now.just has to many bugs

Gold Member

Post Number: 9225
well I have vista with just the browser running a virus detector and windows defender and I think it was just over a gig of ram being used...I have two gig of ram in the machine and it runs fine...my hard drive sits there quiet

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2707
Buy a mac. :-)

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1238
then you can have none of your stuff work

or at least close to none.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1680
"then you can have none of your stuff work
x2
Mac's compatibility sucks.

What makes this thread so great is that this guy is complaining about Windows and the internet on...Windows and the internet.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2708
I have Bootcamp and Windows XP for when I need to use windows for school or whatever. I personally used to love windows but now that I have a mac ill never buy a windows again.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1681
I've messed with a few macs, did not really like it. compatibility ftl :-( The only OS I will run besides windows is a Linux distro.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us