Just checked out the rd amps

Bronze Member
Username: Pnut5555

Gj, Co U.s.a

Post Number: 17
wow i think i've made up my mind on amps!the rd 3250.1 is a monster but they are pricey.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 315
be sure to also check out all related amps...sundown saz-3000d, etc and see what you can find on pricing for everything.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3549
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312338

same amp, 550 shipped

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1904
I can give you a great deal on a 3250.1. I am also a Sundown Audio dealer :-) Shoot me an email.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1272
i can sell you a 3250.1 for 700.00 shipped pics are in the 4 sale section

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5862
go with the atomic. not a rd knock off.

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1274
wow reece you really dont like rd do you. the advantage through me is the warranty that i hold on them. getting ahold of me is going to be alot easier.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3664
and you can use rd amps in usaci. atomic you can only use in unlimited classes...and yes same amps but NEITHER make this amp. so who cares what name is on it.guess that would make sundown atomic knock offs as well. and im sure you could find a dozen more companies with the same amps. same with the components....

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6097
what companies have the same amps? sundown, atonic, and rd? not quite. not really fair to say they are the same amp.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3666
atomic,rd audio, sundown, elevation audio, used to anyway, formula x audio and a few others. their may be suttle differences but wouldn't say enough to say one is better then the other.but yes sundown, rd and atomic all have extremely similar amps...the atomic and sundown being the closer of the 2. needless to say ALL great amps. id run any of them daily, and the sundown and rd for comps.. any day

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3667
the thing to do would be to strap a sundown and an rd LOL piss everyone off haha

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1906
^^ D@mmit Hunter, that's pretty funny.

Reece, what is up your @ss man? AMps made from different companies are not knock offs. If this is true, then should I go down the line of companies in this world that use the same factory to build things with different names on it. Look at cars, same way. Battery wise, you do realize there are only a hand full of companies that actually BUILD batteries, but look how many companies there are.

I don't understand the issue here. Does it perform? Is it great quality? Then what's the flocking issue?

Kevin

Bronze Member

Gj, Co U.s.a

Post Number: 20
i think i'm gonna listen to scott and kevin they've givin me nothing but great advice on everything i asked or said! i also like the fact that rd amps can be used in usaci which i plan on attending when i can find time to myself outside of work! anybody know of any sound off comps in or near colorado? now for another question.how would i properly hook up a center channel speaker?or is that a dumb question?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 2906
you know why atomic can't be used in usaci right?
rofl

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1671
@Thieves

Why? I would like to know what Atomic amps can not be used for what categories and why....

Thanks

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3675
there is one in grand junction in june or july and one in montrose in july. one here in farmington NM in july as well its about a 5 hr drive if you go through the mtns. ill be going through grand junction very soon...

Bronze Member

Gj, Co U.s.a

Post Number: 22
i live in grand junction where will it be at?look for my truck.its a white gmc sierra lifted on 35's and it says TOPNOTCH FLOORS on the back window.thats my business i own so flag me down if you see me hunterw!!

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3681
ok cool. ill see if I can find some dates =) you loud?

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 2909
they cheated, so now they can only be used in unlimited I believe.

Bronze Member
Username: Timbuc

Post Number: 18
Still a knock off. ;-(

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3553
they cheated haha. tell me what you think they did to get banned. copy and paste if need be...

the cisco kid

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 2910
"Still a knock off. ;-("

not defending RD, by any means btw.

JK, from what I understand, and I don't know all the specifics. They set a record and when the judges went back and checked everything, sound deadening, amps, batteries, etc. They realized the atomic amps had been modified to put out more power than was allowed for that class, aka cheating. So they can only be used in unlimited. Again, to my understanding.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3682
Atomic
----- (all models) Unlimited Watts 9/2004

We have checked 18 Atomic amps at 7 different retailers across the United States and found 18 of 18 amplifiers have internal components other than those specified on the cases and in the manufacturers product literature. While this is a most serious issue and requires immediate action we must take into account the members who have unwittingly purchased this product based on the incorrect information provided.

At this time ALL ATOMIC AMPLIFIERS will be automatically rated and placed in the UNLIMITED POWER CLASS of each division. Competitors current points standings will not be affected nor will their ability to compete at finals. Competitors with Atomic amps may move up to the unlimited class at finals regardless of the power class they qualified in.

quote from usaci

AND the DD M3 has been rerated HAHA no more 0-600 for the m3 LOL

Bronze Member

Gj, Co U.s.a

Post Number: 23
@hunterw.no i'm not too loud i mean some people may think i'm loud but any real audiophile always wants more thats why i'm on here trying to get good advice from all of you guys,cuz i need to be louder!!

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1674
I wonder if the same applies to DB drag? As last year a dude ran 2x12" Atomic subs and he had around 15k with atomic amps....does a 154db ish in street B.

I am SOOOO glad they changed the rules this year for DB drag as all these huge number street B people had 150+ pound batteries crammed in their car and had them sitting at 16v. How were people with regular starting batteries supposed to go up against that?

Silver Member
Username: Peakohm

Post Number: 102
wtfz since when do we have people from gj here? i had to read that shit twice.

never seen you around town though josh...

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1296
did you get my pm peakohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
ah yes just checked-got it scott.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3686
you from grand junction as well peakohm? im like 5 hours away LOL. will be attending the usaci comp there. =) and in montrose. you guys coming down here for ours?

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
yeah i'm in GJ. i dunno if i'll be going down for yours :P but hey ya never know

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1643
The M3 is back for 0-600.

It was rated unfairly.

All amplifiers protested in the past have had a 30% tolerance window but the M3 was the first to be rated under the new 20% rule.

With some deliberation between Bruce, Gabe, Jim, myself and the rest of the Competitor Committee, we decided it would be best to revert to the 30% rule.

President Ralph Randall considered our consensus and it looks as though he's made the final decision with the Rules and Ethics board to allow for the original 30% tolerance to be reinstated.

The M3 is within 30% so this will give it a passes grade for it's 600 watt 4 ohm rating.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us