Yeah. another problem with the brand new subs.. -.-

Bronze Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 61
i solved my old problem with them "cutting out" For some odd A*s reason i noticed my bass knob was all the way up. *Optional one that comes with the amp* turned it all the way down. now i can hit maximum volume and subs hit hard. But i turned my box over *it faces down* and noticed one of my 10" Q Powers were flexing a sh*t load. BUT the one on the left was flexing barely at all. =\ Anybody have any idea whats up with that?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 5068
take it out and check to see if the wire came off

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
pos's and neg's are all connected. checked it. to be honest. my dad was a tard and turned the box over too quick last night. and pulled the wires from one sub out. and we stuck them in and it was fine. and the one that got pulled is actually the one hitting harder lol.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 913
id say its a blown VC

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8054
Q power subs are pretty crappy so I wouldn't be surprised if it is blown.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
thing is, if it was blown, would it still hit? lol. it still hits, just doesnt seem to hit as hard as the other identical sub lmao.

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 596
Is the box 1 or dual chamber? if its 1 chamber then the other sub could just be moving because of the air pressure and all.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3610
The working sub may be moving the non working one....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
its one box. and yeah theyre both in it. lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
man. someone tried to tell me after the fact that Q Power was a good sub. lol.
The story is even alotta ppl know i was supposed to have two 12" Kicker CVR's. Well yeah. bought them. thought they'd fit, measured wrong, they wouldnt fit without sounding weird as hell. So yeah, my dad figured hell i wanna suprise him, and get somethin in anyway, and the service manager at the dealership my dad runs, said "Q Power was a great sub even though its not name brand" So my dad okayed the guys at the audio store to install the two 10" Q Power subs. And now i think one of them is blown within 24 hours of me buying the D*mn things -.-
so how much better would two 10" Kicker CVR's sound? lmao

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1225
they would kick the crap out of those Q's. also if the Q's were dual voice coil one coils could be fried and the other not ether way blown.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
oh okay. i see what your saying. I actually just got back in. Been trying to figure it out. Wiring is perfect. Pulled out the pos's and neg's so just the jacked up one would hit. And it still hits "Somewhat" without the other one even plugged in. So its not all the way blown. Other thing is, i still have the two 12" Kicker CVR's in my possession. And i KNOW they wont fit under the back seat.

FYI. i have a 2008 Nissan Frontier 4 door. So full back seat without much room under the seat. So is there anyway to fit those 12's in the truck somewhere?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1228
yea remove the seat or look into a pod. if u google i believe they sell 12 inch pods that mount on the left and right side of the trim panels they replace the stock ones. but still without a proper box you won't see potential and don't put them under your seats. u might be able to go sealed and face them up that way ur box can be all height and you only have to make the box as long as the cab and as wide as the woofer to make it all fit that way the majority of your boxes space is taken up vertically rather then horrizontal.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8064
Steven, don't get me wrong. Sure they may be kind of crappy or not the best brand but if it's what fits into your budget and it doesn't blow up(not sure what the case is in your problem) then something is better than nothing. If I didn't have anything and was on a cheap budget, I might even run something like that but I'd probably do a little bit of research and shop around.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
well heres the thing. Cant cut into the interior and cant take out the seat *kinda gets rid of the purpose of buying a crew cab =\*

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1231
i meant most of the seats are removable. they typically just lock into the car nowadays.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1232
btw rob, hes talking fit as in physical, i don't think he means a budget.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
i dont mean budget lmao. D:

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
and nope. keith my seat is an actualy full back seat in my truck.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8065
So people go and get cheaper speakers because they're not on a budget? Hmmm. It's safe to say that if you're looking into low end stuff you're on a budget. I wasn't misinterpreting anything.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
lol. ive got more topics out there bro. I did have two 12" Kicker CVR's, looking into CVX's. But the two kickers are sitting in the garage right now. They wouldnt fit. Btw my dad runs a dealership, so he had his service guys take my truck in. When they couldnt fit the 12's in they called him and said some sh*t to the effect "12's wont fit, we can get some 10's and he for some reason told my dad, that the Q's were a great "non brand name" so my dad okayed it without out letting me know anything, even though it was my money -.-. Thing is the subs i bought werent installed, and for some reason 10" q Powers were in just because they couldnt fit the CVR's. So in reality i had NO CLUE about the Q Power's until they were already installed.. -.-

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
so like i said, im trying to get rid of the subs i had no idea about until they were already installed, and put the subs i already bought before they decided they couldnt fit them after all in there.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 490
get two DD 1508's and call it a day if your not on a budget hehe :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us