New Box Build (pics)

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 589
Sorry for not taking the time to post it all on here. im kinda in a hurry.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=21809

Also i need a new method for drawing cut out circles the woofer hole. What do you guys do?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9201
Box build looks decent...cant wait for vids of that 18

what you do for the circle is either get a tool for it or use a wood scrap thats long enough and measure things out for your subwoofer placement and then take that wood scrap and put a hole in it and screw it in the center of the placement and then put another hole in the position that matches the outside measurement and place your pencil point in that hole and just spin it around and until the complete circle is drawn and youll have a perfect circle

Silver Member

Post Number: 591
I never thought about doing it that way. i guess im going to try that. I was hoping the sub would get here before i had to leave but it looks like its not. well ill have pictures when i get home. hopefully vids after i get it in.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2158
Box looks good. Get some videos up!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9599
"what you do for the circle is either get a tool for it or use a wood scrap thats long enough and measure things out for your subwoofer placement and then take that wood scrap and put a hole in it and screw it in the center of the placement and then put another hole in the position that matches the outside measurement and place your pencil point in that hole and just spin it around and until the complete circle is drawn and youll have a perfect circle"

^^Word. Thats what I did.
Box is looking goof Jack. New 18" HDC3?

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
Thanks staven. i will lol.

Yanks, its actually an 18" Fi BL. I've always wanted to try and Fi product. so far i dont even have the woofer yet and im pleased with Fi because there customer service. i made a mistake and ordered extreme leads and they noticed it and changed it for me.

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 485
This is a router jig I have used for 20 plus years. Build one, build it right and you will have it for a long time.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 593
Ok well i got it and put it in and it doesn't sound the greatest. im not sure if its because it still needs to be broken in and or the box. its tuned to at like 31.6 hz basically 32 hz. well it's not picking up anything past like 45hz and it just doesn't seem that loud.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3937
whats the hpf set at? what are you powerering it with? Check the settings on the amp and HU. an 18 should get half loud. Nice box btw.

Silver Member

Post Number: 594
Thanks man, I have a zx1000.1 powering it. also if im talking about the same thing you are... 125hz. What should i set the x-over freq at? it goes from 50 to 200 on the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3939
80 is a good choice for most. But if you have it at 125, it should play all freqs up to that. check the HU settings. It should be set to full or pass or thru or ~80

Silver Member

Post Number: 595
im not sure what you talking about on the headunit. i have a pioneer premier 6900ub. im going to go look at it now.

i really think its just the box. because it will play the freq but it sounds horrible. it almost seems like the box is tuned too low.

Silver Member

Post Number: 597
Well i ended up not going out to my car and looking at my headunit. I'll do that today. But does anyone know what i should set my X Over freq at on my amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9203
80 hz (low pass) like Marc said

Silver Member

Post Number: 598
Oh wow i didn't even realize. thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9204