This has gone too far.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5850
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314579

RD COPIED THE QUANTUM EXACTLY! I mean, maybe SOMETHING is different, but that is just getting ridiculous.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1822
I thought everyone establisht RD = Atomic a long time ago...?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5851
well i thought there were similarities in their subs but thats exact!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9598
I don't know how much truth there is to this but I've read that Atomics and RDs subs are built in the same warehouse but the components and parts used in the subs and amps are completely different. Just because the basket and motor appear to look the same, does not mean it is.

Again, take that as you will, just what I read when looking into this subject a while back.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3608
Dont know if they are built different but both are built in the same buildhouse (SJA).

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1667
You know how many companies do this or something very similar to this?

Kraft dinner makes Presidents Choice mac and chesse in the same factory. They just change the ingredients ever so slightly, oil companies do this as well.

I also heard that RD and Atomic are done out of the same shop. The 5750.1 RD and Atomic looks 100% the same in pictures.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5853
that is more than just the basket and motor, the cone and dustcap on those speakers are exactly the same.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1823
As long as both perform!

:D

Gold Member

Post Number: 5856
meh. i'd rather not buy a clone, though. rd is too expensive to just be copying atomic.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 279
RD COPIED WHAT? I think it is the other way around and i will be calling them tommarow. We have been selling the purple cone components for over 6 months.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 280
This is F-cked up that they used my parts! Real messed up to say the least. I will post the results of this conversation tomarrow asap!

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 281
Reece you really should get the story staight before you post BS!

Its the other way around bud

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9604
This thread is gonna get good :-)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3588
Here we go again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1829
hmm....

Atomic just came out with those quantum comps or something?

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 282
no joey there is no here we go again.

This is really wrong for them to do this. This makes me very uneasy. This will be taken care of promptly.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 283
http://www.atomicspeakers.com/quantum_6_2c2.html

http://www.rdaudio.net/alphacomponents/alphacomponents.htm

as you can see. Plus we have had these since middle of last year.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 284
maybe it was honest mistake i will keep my thoughts to myself until tomarrow

Username: Trufe_tella

Post Number: 1
Everybody that knows anything about car audio will say that a lot of RD's equipment looks like Atomic. So how can you justify being mad that 1 product of theirs looks like yours?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3590
My bad I thought this was the subs BS that was on here awhile back.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2901
someone just registered a new account to post that...lol....pu.ssy

Gold Member

Post Number: 1832
^ noticed that too.

But I will agree with the 'might as well be anon poster'.

RD's products reflect everything of atomic. Perhaps this is Atomic's way of saying screw off? Would be cool if that was the case. Little competition going on. However its obvious both companies have quality equipment so let te fued go on!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5867
wow, just figured rd copied atomic again. i figured atomic had been selling those for a while. either way, that is the ugliest cone i have ever seen and should never be copied.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 285
Just confirmed Sja made a mistake and sent RD mid-bass drivers in Atomic order.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 286
"RD COPIED THE QUANTUM EXACTLY! I mean, maybe SOMETHING is different, but that is just getting ridiculous."

Reece so can i get an apology?

"wow, just figured rd copied atomic again. i figured atomic had been selling those for a while. either way, that is the ugliest cone i have ever seen and should never be copied."

Please point out one subwoofer .
I think the best thing for you would be to call Atomic ask for George and ask if RD and Atomic use the same designs or are copies/

Please do this. Maybe i can get you contact info to some competitors doing 160's that used both side by side and let them fill you in. Not sure but please do not make ill informed statements about RD.

Thanks

Gold Member

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2902
owned

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1905
Yerp, I smell ownage.

Kevin

PS: The Woo strikes again.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 287
I am not trying to own anyone. I just people to know what there speaking about before they do. People are very fast to down something but not as fast to own up to a mistake.

From what i was told is it was an error from there shipping or production people.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1669
I find it humourous how after you found out that it was actually a mistake by Atomic and not RD you went on to say that the speakers were ugly. I bet you thought they were sexy when they were from Atomic...lol

I can harldy wait for my Alphas subs and comps to arrive!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1833
Glad it's resolved!

That's one of my teamate's who received those speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 317
"I bet you thought they were sexy when they were from Atomic...lol"

I've seen Reece say they were ugly before...IIRC, "the ugliest speaker I've seen" ....I don't think he's saying that just now because of RD....

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 2903
^He has.

What has gone too far is the amount of stupid and pointless threads like this that have been created rather recently.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5868
sorry steve. it was a big deal with the speakers looking alike before (nothing i said) so i just assumed. we all know what happens when you assume things though. my bad. still gross looking speakers.

thieves just because you have the speakers doesn't mean you should take offense, bro.

also, i said they were grossly ugly before this thread was created, mike. rd fanboys dont need to get their p4nties in a wad.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1670
Ahh my bad then guys!

I also don't find them soo "attractive" but then again I don't look at them after I install..lol

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3670
sad part is they look blue to me ??? =( and I kinda like the way they look except the xover. =(

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 2904
"sorry steve. it was a big deal with the speakers looking alike before (nothing i said) so i just assumed. we all know what happens when you assume things though. my bad. still gross looking speakers.

thieves just because you have the speakers doesn't mean you should take offense, bro.

also, i said they were grossly ugly before this thread was created, mike. rd fanboys dont need to get their p4nties in a wad."

I couldn't care less about your comments about RD, or their aesthetic appeal. What gets annoying, and it seems to be pretty recently is your constant and consistent, as well as wasteful, ill-informed threads. you insult people, whether intentional or not. Then, when they call you out on it, you either keep digging that hole or come back with a hollow apology.

take your own advice and try reading around, asking more informed persons before you go making pointless threads such as these. get off the hate band wagon.

and RD fanboys, please. if you want to sink to that, I might as well start calling the majority of the members on this message board Chad Lee's jock fanboys.

Every time he gets something new, someone, usually more than one person, sells all their stuff and buys up what he has or the next line up. or starts thinking of what their next setup will be. 9 times out of 10, Chad's new setup, partial or full will be in that list. Yes, that includes you Reece.

/rant

Gold Member

Post Number: 5871
do it man? i really don't give a damn, honestly. not to mention i'm going to be running 4 epics (probably) and not 15" revos, but regardless i would not running them because chad is running them i would run them because they are great speakers. i may be mistaken but didn't chad have an alpha too?

regardless, what does that have to do with anything? i'll make threads about whatever i want and if you have a problem with them then here's a bright idea... DON'T READ THEM! if you take the time to read them, don't b1tch about it because it was your choice to check it out in the first place.

anyways, my apologies are sincere. i guess theives CAN'T grasp my thoughts and feelings through reading text.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 2905
for the record, I had my alpha LONG before Chad starting thinking about buying one. ill-informed again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5874
that's why i said i may be mistaken. sorry for being ill-informed (sincere or not?).

Username: Trufe_tella

Post Number: 2
So are they or are they not the same?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4627932&postcount=30
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us