Power source for deck

Silver Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 115
the wiring harnesss on my 81 pontiac station wagon (GRAD VEHICLE) :-) was cut and i want to put in my jvc deck. is there something i can just take power off of and ground the deck myself?

please help i havnt herd my pheonix golds pound in so long!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
allready looked for the cig lighter wire its gone too....

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1214
just run a wire to the battery or a power feed to the ac then sand the body somewhere and connect a wire to a bolt or screw drilled into where you sanded and you should be fine. as long as you run a positive to the battery, then make your accesory wire tie into something that gets power when the keys on you should be back to bumpin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
ok :-)

stuff that turns on with the key, cant think of anything that does in my car haha :P it works without acccesory tho right?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1220
no, acc is basiclly a switch if u hard wire the radio to 12 volts it will always be on and drain the battery. i had a 1986 suburban and i just wired into a power feed for the ac, the other way outwould be run a switch to the accesory and wire the accesory to 12 volts. the only problem is if you ever forget to flip the switch your battery might go dead when the car was parked.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
yeah i got it working it needs this one cord to turn on (not the ground or power) its to the red (accesory cord?) but i still need to turn the deck on and off myself :S but at least it works for now :-)

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1235
yep that be the acc u can wire that to a switch if you want to.

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
if i do will my deck still remember the time and my preset eq's... u know whats funny is i had two 10s and one of them is blown so i unhooked it and my one sub pounds as hard as both of them did together...makes me wonder why i bought two of them i guess s/q?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1241
no ur one was prob blown along time ago and the air preassure in the box made the other move. and as long as you clock wire clk usually yellow is wired to power yes it will remember everything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us