2500 rms amp

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 342
ok, i might be getting a 200a alt soon, how much rms will i be able to run off it? so far if things go accordingly, i'll do a 1606d, orion 2500d and a kicker 650.4. stock battery upfront, kinetik 1800 in the back. But main question is how much rms even if i was using different equipment with no battery would i be able to run off a 200a?

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
wow.....no help at all? I currently have a stock 150a alt would it even be worth it to upgrade to a 200a ho alt?

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 909
so why would u run a 1606d and a 2500d???

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
well actually i just was curious if i could run both at the same time, but I'll only be using the 2500d and the kicker 650.4 at the same time vol 15-21 out of 42...is it worth it getting the ho alt even tho I'm at 150 now? yea i probably don't see anywhere close to that on my stock I'm guessing

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 518
Sell both mono amps and get 1 to run the subs.

But I dont think the money (whatever you are paying) is worth upgrading.

What vehicle do you have...

Silver Member

Post Number: 345
ok i have a 07 santa fe se i'll be using the 650.4 for highs and the orion 2500d for the aq. i was quoted 445 shipped for the 200a. so basically i won't get any benefit if i get the ho alt?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 519
im no expert but you will need more like 250a to be safe i think. one of the experts will ck this thread out soon lol. are there any alts available with more juice?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 918
i would get a better alt than 200a. like br1an said, a 250 would be better

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
well i was told i would need a custom bracket to get any more amperage. and i don't really want to go through all that trouble, with the 200a i should be able to use my equipment to full power right?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 919
i say with a 200a alt and a good battery up front and in the back for reserve. i think that should do it.

just wondering, what are you running for your mids n highs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
umm....well nothing special right now. just some lame pioneer 6.5's. I have some kicker and infinity comps i'll install later

Bronze Member
Username: Bass_enjoyer

Post Number: 34
Most people recommend that your alt be at least 1/10th of your wattage of all of your amplifiers.

I would definitely get the 200amp alt if you plan on getting that setup. Be sure to have a good battery under the hood (replace the stock one) and to do your "big 3."

As long as you don't blast test tones all day, you should be able to do it (especially with a high quality battery for reserve). Make sure you watch for any voltage drops. Bad case scenario: you'll have to turn your gains down a bit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
well, big 3 is done 1/0 and i have a kinetik 1800 in the back (stock battery under hood)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5335
all upgrades are welcome in charging system.

Sell your 1606D.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 753
get a 300 amp alt from EA those are beasts

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
well nate so would love to but don't want to have to deal with the hassle of a bracket and plus i don't wanna be too obvious when i bring it in for anything (don't know if it'll affect warranty)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7458
no EA......... But yes get the HO alt, you won't be able to run that amp without it. The 200 amp should do fine for your 2500d.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us