Head unit installation questions?

Bronze Member
Username: Jt212

Post Number: 33
Im installing a JVC Arsenal KD-AHD39 HD Radio/CD Receiver in my 2007 chevy trailblazer and i bought the Metra GMOS-01 harness from crutchfield and im looking to install them myself. Im only 17 and have never installed any car audio but have been researching for a long time. Is the harness hard to install or should i have a pro do it? also looking to install aftermarket speakers and a sub and amp.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1207
unless the metra harness requires splicing wires and is not a plug in type the radio install will be as easy as removing the old radio, pluging in the new one with the metra adapter and sliding the new radio in. it's the simplest of all installs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
alright thanks for the help

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1210
also keep in mind u might need a dash kit depending on how the radio is designed. btw a dash kit is a adapter the takes up the space left by a factory radio being removed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
yeah i ordered the dash kit through crutchfield i was just wondering if the install was as simple as connecting the wireing harnesses or more com;icated for the metra gm kit

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1217
other then possibly needing to wire your own positive from the harness you should be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us