Bridging two amps

Username: Bkrbaker11

Post Number: 1
I have a sony XM-554ZR amp, and my friend just gave me another amp, it says maAcoustics on it, 2-channel amp, 400 watt max....I have 2 Jensen XS-1010 subwoofers currently hooked up to the Sony XM amp, but the amp isn't powering the subs well enough. When one sub was wired at 4 ohms, it sounded almost as loud as 2 subs both going at 2 ohms, maybe even a little louder.

Username: Chaosofthemasses

Edwardsburg, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 4
if you want to install multiple amps then you need a crossover Unless your head unit has multiple rca inputs! and before you install what is the rms rating on the amp and the jenson speakers remember max wattage means squat look for RMS wattage the higher THAT number the better! any ways if you dont got a second set of rca's on the head unit then buy a cross over and install it just before the amp then youll be able to connect a second set of rcas to the other amp. amp install is easy to do just laborous with all the wires and hiding them along the floor panels!

Username: Chaosofthemasses

Edwardsburg, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 5
By the way any thing CUSPID,SONY,PYRAMID, or boss(not BOSE) are junk even if they have done you right they are inferior products. Sony is a let down for car audio they failed this market they need to go back to gaming! AND newer kenwood head units have rotating pins in the init which from alot of people ive talked to they tend to fall apart internally after a little while!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us