Okay, the real deal.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5779
Well I wouldn't have guessed SSA would be full of ego maniacal pr1cks, but, shockingly, it is. Ok well I can't say that, but one guy over there is for sure. If I have ever seen abuse of moderating powers than it is this guy! Check out these messages he sent me titled "This isn't the place to dump your sh1t":

"We have the 25 post minimum set on the classifieds to make sure people establish them selves here and create rep. We don't set it for someone to join in one day and post their crap for sale 4 hours later.

We deleted your first ad because of this. You could have asked what happend, or you could choose to violate it again.

Because of this your posts are now under moderator preview for the next 7 days.
You have two options now: You can contribute over the next seven days, post your for sale thread and enjoy a bright and shiny future here. Or you can leave SSA.

No response is needed."

Of course I responded. :-) Surprisingly my responses to him were promptly lost from my "Sent Messages" folder.

Of course denim tried to straighten things out, which I applaud him for, but then I created a thread here talking about "johnecon2001" misusing his modding power by putting me on moderator review (all posts must be approved by a moderator before they enter the thread). So denim decides to give me a hush bribe saying,

"I will take off the post review, if you dump that topic on eCoustics. That topic only serves to cause problems and I am here trying to help and keep everyone happy and find a solution (while at my day job I might add). I am trying to treat everyone like adults, but making that topic on ecoustics and making accusations about SSA and me is counter intuitive to that."

In his usual bold text, of course.

That is the story of the "Who would have thought?" thread.

Anyways, upon reading my response regard him flexing his e-muscles johnecon2001 decides he would suspend me for 7 days "for being a smartass" and because my "attitude sucks."

Here's the last two messages he sent me:

"I'm suspending you for being a smartass. Your attitude sucks."

"Thank you, come again."

Apparently he couldn't think fast enough to come up with the ever so witty "thank you, come again." LMAO. Well just what I assumed about SSA. I had said before that I would never do business with them and this just makes those feelings much stronger. Do with this information what you will. Shady happenings, people. Very shady. I don't know if having d*uchefag moderators is part of their business tactics, but it certainly doesn't influence me to buy.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6073
sucks, but i never had a problem over there, or with buying from them or talking to denim. imo it's just the one person you should have the problem with, not with ssa themselves.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1803
Is it a written rule that you can't post for sale without 25 posts?

If so - I can see why they would moderate something like that...

If you and him have beef with each other only - I agree with ctmike. Seems like not the company is at fault.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5784
I know, I never said the company was at fault. I just don't agree with how they conduct their forum. It is a forum rule to have 25 posts to be able to have a for sale thread, but honestly I didn't know that. The guy just followed me around the forum making dick comments to me through messages. I have frequented that forum without posting for 6 months and now I'm suspended for 7 days because I posted a for sale thread? I just think its a little fucked up.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3535
but by sayig youre not going to spend money on their products you are associating a single member of the forum to the overall service of the company

the cisco kid

Gold Member

Post Number: 5788
1. I don't like SSA or the way they represent themselves on Ecoustics or the way their forum is conducted.

2. Being bribed by the head honcho or SSA just for creating a thread seems fucked up to me.

3. If they let a douchebag like johnecon2001 run their forum I don't really want anything to do with it.

4. Wouldn't buy SSA products just because they seem to be cheap compared to the Treo and TC products I've owned.

Judge me for what I like and don't like or what I buy or don't buy, but what it comes down to is that its my opinion, my decision, and my money so? No big deal. I just think its shady I should get put on review, bribed, and suspended from their site for something trivial like creating a for sale thread after posting 30 times. Someone shoot me.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 500
The post rule is clearly labeled from what I see...

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showforum=16

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 713
Reece, if you check your PM box you would see I resolved the issue. I said you could repost your thread, and the 7 day thing is gone. I spoke with you about this like an adult, even after you made accusations about me and SSA. I was forgiving and tried to get both sides to see the others problem. John does not run the forum, he is a mod there. Only Mark and I run SSA, we are the final word on anything that goes on there. Occasionally, there is a disagreement between a mod and me, but we can act like adults and talk through it and find a solution. Just like you and I did.

I did not bribe you, I said the initial thread here is only causing problems and was somewhat childish and was not helping your case. So even after the thread here, the accusations about me, and SSA, I still reversed the suspension and said you could repost your for sale thread.

But then you make a new thread and now say more negative things about SSA, this time calling our sub woofers cheap. Reece, please check into them and you will see every penny spent to build them is on performance, they are far from cheap my/our cost per driver is pretty high compared to many companies, in addition to many comparable drivers selling for much more money then ours. Cheap, is far far far from any description of our drivers in their build or quality. Was kind of low that you said that.

I put in the 25 post rule years ago as to avoid spammer accounts or people who come to the website to unload their equipment for free, but to actually be a part of the forum/community. It was needed badly, and has served well for a long time. The only issue was due to the time you actually joined and the time you posted your for sale thread, it appeared to the mod that you were just posting to hit the minimum so you could post your for sale thread.

Honestly because SSA is very relaxed in nature, I felt it was worth lifting the suspension, because you had expressed interest in being part of the forum, not just selling your equipment. Even after your bashing of me, and my forum, I still gave you a chance, but then you make this thread only to bash my product and cause more issues. I tried to work with you and make sure you were happy, but apparently it was not enough. SSA runs very smoothly and has for a long time, there is rarely a problem or issue, especially compared to much larger boards. I asked john to not worry about you, so if you want to be a part of the forum thats cool, but if you want to bash and make accusations even after I have treated you more then fairly, that is not cool.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6075
have you heard an icon yet though? imo it's a very nice sub, very nice sq and never heard of a single problem with any of them on any forum. i was actually surprised how much i liked it when i finally heard one, and it was sealed and was told ported is when it comes alive. nothing cheap about them from what i saw/heard.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5789
You don't have to worry about me being a problem on there or dumping my sh1t on there. No big deal. Sorry for being childish, that guy just really got under my skin. I don't really have a problem with you and you've done a good job resolving this unfortunate issue. I assure you I never meant to start this problem. That guy really just pushed me over the edge and I agree this thread should not be made. Sorry for the accusations and any slander I may have said about your forum or your products. Obviously I don't have hands on experience with them and I was wrong to say anything bad about them. I have actually heard quite good reviews about them, but you need to control that pr1ck and don't let him run off any other upcoming members. Once again, I apologize for the trouble I caused you over a trivial feud between me and johnecon2001.

Did you get a chance to read my posts, though? If it seems like I was spamming your forum then once again I apologize.

If any Mods see this feel free to delete it. Its my problem and this shouldn't have been started because of me having a problem with one dude on SSA.

/thread.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us