But you gotta provide some more info.

Are u getting a deal on either sub?

W7; SQL
Type X; SQ (from what i've heard)

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 319
i can get deals on either one just which one is going to sound the cleanest and loudest with a 1000 rms going to it in a s-10

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
ok what sub would give the smoothest tightest and most accurate bass

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 2055
12w7 imo. What amp you plan on runnign it with.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
MRP-M1000

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 359
Cant assist you on that one as i've never heard the type X, but i've heard that the w7's power handling has increased suggesting increased output.

I can be certain about one thing, The w7 will be loud and sound great.

But if you're searching for audiophile quality, you can consider the w6v2 among many others..

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9543
The type x is suited for a small sealed box so if space is a concern the thats not a bad route to go

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2072
Out of the 2,W7 ftw!

Bronze Member
Username: Peakohm

Post Number: 85
never heard the type x but i'd go with JL for sq

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1340
I've heard both and honestly been more impressed with the type-x. Especially for the price.

Maybe the setup just wasn't that great on the JL w7s (12s and 13.5) I've heard, but there are other drivers I would prefer- If you want to have a recognizable sub people will say 'damn that costs a lot' then get the JL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
troy car audio is not about the cost its about the sound and if you have heard both and the type x sounded better than thats what ill go with just need to sell my current system im going through systems like crazy

Silver Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 158
what troy is trying to say is, that there are many subs that can sound good and be loud and probably for cheaper than both. He is probably assuming that because you want to pick between two well known companies that you want a product that has a name that everyone knows. but i could be wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 361
"troy car audio is not about the cost its about the sound and if you have heard both and the type x sounded better than thats what ill go with just need to sell my current system im going through systems like crazy"

"i can get deals on either one just which one is going to sound the cleanest and loudest with a 1000 rms going to it in a s-10"

Based on your posts, i would suggest you buy both subs, place them into your setup and keep the one that meets your listening needs and compliments your application.

Besides, you may very well change your setup even before the sub is broken in.

That trend is slowly creeping into the forum....

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1341
"that there are many subs that can sound good and be loud and probably for cheaper than both"
Yes, that is what I mean. I have owned the type-x, and installed a w7 and heard several other w7 installs.

The vehicle and install will make all the difference, people will argue which one sounds better all day (except that most haven't heard the type-x), but I was happy with the SQ of my alpine type-x 12. I have never heard a W7 as loud, but I've also never been able to build a proper enclosure for one either to do a fair comparision.
I'd rather have a Fi Q (or several other subs for that matter, but this is a w7 v X thread) over the type-x.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5744
W7 owns the Type X.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 498
W7

Resale value when you get bored with it.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2691
The Alpine Xs are straight SQ subs. Very accurate, but dont get very loud. W7s are more on the SQL side.

Personally i wouldnt get either of them but depending on what you want make your decision. Brian is right about the W7 tho, it resells very easily.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us