Brad Warren

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5729
Hey man. My Hex have like NO midbass unless I turn loudness on my HU (which I don't do, I just wanted to see), and they also don't do a very god job of handling 200 watts. I don't know if the installer hooked them up wrong or what, but my volume goes from 68 (being the lowest) to 0 (being the highest) and with my volume turned to like 26-22 on most song the tweets cut out. I, of course, back off the volume and I even turned the gain down like below 1/4 and they still do it. Can you give me any suggestions on what to do? I'm contemplating putting my bose back in just because the midbass is so bad and I can't turn the music up much over half way.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3941
Hmmmm. I have never heard the Hex's cut out or sound really thin like you are describing. Could be many things. What are they crossed over at? Gain settings correct? Is everything hooked up correctly on the amp and crossover? Double check all the wiring. Speaker wire is good quality and guage? Eq on HU set to flat or with minor boost? Make sure to hook the tweeters to -3 or whatever it is, they sound most balanced and clean there.

Sorry you are having trouble... something has to be hooked up wrong or settings are way off. Talk to Cal Payne, blakbocs, Stavenmist etc. on here and ask them about their experience with the Hex. I also hooked up two more sets that were from exactly the same batch as yours (BNIB non-refurb) -- mine and a friend I did an install for. Oh and I also put two sets of them in Pey's last car. They sound awesome in every case so I don't know what is going on here. Maybe take the car back to the installer and have them go through everything.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 634
i just got my hex's too, they dont seem to lack any midbass, somethings wrong...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5740
I don't know man. I guess they can't handle 200 watts, but I even turned my gain down like below 1/4. There is literally no midbass and I know my LPF and HPF are right. What should I set the crossover to? I'll turn the tweets to minus 3 but everything is set flat as of right now. I checked all my wiring yesterday and its all fine. I even put a DMM to the speaks to see if they were hooked up right and they are. I don't know what it is, but I'm probably gonna go back stock because these don't have 1/10000th of the midbass.

Do you know if it is possible to hook up aftermarket tweets with the stock bose as long as they're the same impedance? I think I'm going to get some ID tweets and try it, because the bose has incredible midbass.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5741
I mean I don't know if yours are in pods or not Snow, but mine literally have none. I guess I am just used to the Bose which has a ton of midbass.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2114
Bose premium sound system FTW i love my midbass ;)

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1703
HEX's should be able to eat 200 watts like its nothing, have you sealed your doors completely off yet?

Also try boosting 80hz and 100hz on the HU EQ and see if that helps.

I'm feeding my Eclipse 50w Coaxials 150w per side and they take it like a champ and the midbass is great (ever since i sealed off the doors completely)

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-e-electrical-security-navigation/70539-diy-so und-deadening-most-important-part-system.html

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 635
no mine arent even in pods.but midbass is still decent.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5765
got the tweets figured out (i think) but the midbass still blows hard compared to my Bose. Diamond mids FTL.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2831
i would think something is wrong man.

my hex's aren't installed perfectly (best i could do with my car (thin doors)) just screwed solidly into the plastic, not really sealed off, and i have really great midbass. when i play a song like "blame it on me" or something (song that the sub doesn't hit but is probably lower around 150 idk exactly) the mids kick hard, really hard.

but yea, i'm not gonna lie, stock bose systems really have great midbass. i sometimes like listening to my mom's or dad's bose for rock more than in my car.

sorry to hear that though, i hope you get it figured out because the HEXs are truly great speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5785
meh.

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 379
"got the tweets figured out (i think) but the midbass still blows hard compared to my Bose. Diamond mids FTL."

User error !!

J/k

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8013
What is the volume of the chamber they are in Reece? My guess is that they are playing free-air and that's your problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us