Abreviations/acronyms

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2562
Ive never asked before but I'm kinda curious as to what SQL and RCA stand for.

I would assume that SQL stands for Sound Quality Level because of the two (SPL and SQ) combined but it doesnt really make sence.

Also, I researched and it seems that RCA just came from the company RCA but when we say RCA cables does it stand for something besides Radio Corp. of America?

I never really put thought into those before. The SQL question might be a noob question but Sound Quality Level just sounds like the level of sound quality. Not a mixture of loud and sound quality. Thanks

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20720
i don't think sql really exists. its something made up by people to describe sq and spl like you said. it should really be sqtl. sound quality thats loud. lol.

also as far as rca cable goes, i believe the company rca came out with that cable first so that is why they call it that. its just a guess so don't bite my head off if i am wrong. haha.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6364
IIRC...SQL is a term coined by JL Audio when they first came out w/ the W7. They used "SQL" to describe the W7 and say it was pretty much a be all end all sub.

As for RCA...not sure on this one, but I think Richard Clark may have had a hand in that one.
(Prolly mistaken on that one though though)

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2567
ok, Im glad Im not a dumbass on the SQL thing. I know it didnt make sence.

As for RCA, all the searching Ive done shows that RCA (Radio Corp. of America) pretty much started the production of RCA cables and since they were the only manufacturers of the cables the were know as RCA cables. If someone knows anythning wlse about them, hook me up.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9538
SQL - Sound Quality and Loud

Lol. Just making it up.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2160
Rca is also called compostite cable
Had to learn the other names for RCA cables or Phono cable/plugs , when you work @ radio shack

heres the wiki on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_cable

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1783
I alwyas went with SQL meaning

SoundQualityLoudness

like yanks said pretty much...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts