Help Wiring a Sony CDX 5090

I know which the speaker wires are.....

on the back I have a Blue wire, Black wire, red wire and yellow wire.

now i assume the blue one is for an electic areal (which i dont have)

which of the other 3 are Permant live, ignition live and earth (thing ive got it right)

i dont want to bugger up my cd player :)

thanks

Anonymous
go to circuit city and buy a smart harness for a sony, and a wire harness for the type of ur car... theyll know what ur talkin about... they snap together and takes out the guess-work for wiring the head unit to ur car... there like 7 bucks

The red and yellow wires both need to be connected to the positive of a 12 volt battery, while the black wire must be connected to the negative side of the battery.
Red- POWER WIRE
Yellow-MEMORY WIRE
Black-GROUND WIRE

Username: Qsworld

Post Number: 1
Isn't the red wire supposed to be connected to the fuse panel? I'm trying to mount my 5090 to a touring motorcycle while utilizing the remote comander on my handlebars.

The only problem is that I don't have anymore room on my fuse block. Is the red really supposed to be connected to the battery directly. I know the yellow is because it retains the power for the memory.

Unregistered guest
for the sony CDX 5090 headunit which wire needs constant power?
Ive got a red one with a 3 amp fuse inline and a yellow one with a 15 amp fuse inline and right now i have the red one hooked to constant, but the unit is not retaining memory. Any suggestions or ideas before i switch them around?

Username: Qsworld

Post Number: 2
Chad,
The red wire is supposed to be connected to the Accessory power (or directly to the battery if you want power on fulltime). The yellow is the Memory, connect this to the battery direclty, positive side. I was told to connect the black to the negative on the battery directly. I just hooked my 5090 up to a motorcycle and it works fine with that configuration.

Good Luck,
Q

bradster
Unregistered guest
conect the yellow to constant power(eg the Batery)
connect the red to accesories
and the black to any part of your chassis( or the negative terminal on your battery)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us