System in a convertible

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2822
My mom just jokingly said she wanted some bump in her summer car (infinity system, great highs, no bass at all) but it got me thinkin maybe ill just put one in. i've got a 10" atomic manhattan layin around and it only needs a 400 rms so whatever.

soo how would i put a system in a convertible. the trunk is seperated from the cabin completely by the roof. is it possible or should i just say screw it?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5683
its possible, but im not positive how you do it.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1236
see if there is enough room to do a blow through

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2823
well, i'm really not allowed to cut her car up haha. i was just gonna keep it really small and not really do much else. if it requires cutting anything i can't do it bc 1. my dad and 2. her car is actually nice

Gold Member

Post Number: 5688
i would go to a local shop, there has to be a nice one in cleveland, and ask them how they would do it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5689
i also know there is a dude on ca.com with the user name njaykaplan who has a clk500 convertible with a loud system in it. you could also hit him on aim at njaykaplan. your mom has an sl500 right? it might be different with the hardtop convertible. you would more than like have to do something custom in the back seat like under the seat or in the back floorboard.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2825
nah, i wish, but not even close, my buddy's dad has an sl5. my mom has an eclipse. and actually, sadly enough, there really are no good shops around. the closest one, 15 minutes away, is horrible. well maybe one, like an hour.

well, whatever, it's sounding impractical, screw it, i never drive it so what do i care, plus i don't think i want my mom to have a sub, that's kinda weird idk.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 879
cal no need to go to a shop or need to modify the car well we have done this in my moms car a 1994 chrysler lebaron convertable. its easy to run the wires and for a sub i would do either 1 10 or 1 12 in a sealed box. we have the perfect kappa 10 in a sealed box at 4 ohms getting about 600 watts and it shakes the trunk lid plus it moves the top i believe theres a video up on youtube. if you would like to know more just tell me (i would rather hook up a system in a convertable) :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us