OT Best GPS

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2821
Mother's day is comin' up and my dad one of the things my dad wants to get my mom is a gps for her envoy. my buddy has the garmin c340 and its nice. figure around 250, is there a best one and a worse one???

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20694
that is a nice unit.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7912
mio....

garmin are damn slow

mio best value and they kick bo0ty trust me

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2064
I had garmin stock in the stock market game we played at school and they were down the whole time...

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

Post Number: 404
i won state in the stockmarket game in 5th grade

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2066
thats awesome man. did you win any money?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5693
garmin nuvi350 is the best for the money. this is what i think i remember brad telling me. he did alot of research and came to this conclusion. i have the nuvi 250 and its not bad at all. my friend has the magellan compass or whatever and it sucks big time. rob is a moron so i probably wouldn't get a mio.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 248
i like my Mio c320. only $200 at radio shack and it works great. I'm not a fan of Gamin's lower line, the format and programs are not my preference.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5698
i know my 250 walks all over the magellan. never tried the mio.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7913
reece is a pu55sy face.. and i would still get a mio

TRUST ME their good i have 2, one in my car and one in my explorer

Gold Member

Post Number: 5700
Nice one, G.I. Knob.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3933
Yep Reece is right I chose the Nuvi 350 after alot of research. Text-to-speech, killer small screen, loud and clear voice (including my sexy aussie girl), and accurate directions. They are going for almost half of what I bought mine for like a year ago. $217 shipped for a refurb from an authorized dealer with one year warranty = score.
Unreal bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Garmin-NUVI-350-Portable-GPS-Navigation-Auto-Kit-V9_W0QQitem Z260236079188QQihZ016QQcategoryZ84075QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 5019
I have a Mio and bought another Mio for my parents.. great for the money.. picked em up off the net for $50 and $80 :-)

Only downfall is they are not completely accurate.. like if you are on the service road it may show you still being on the hwy, just little things but if you are paying attention you'd be fine..

the ones i have also do not have text to speech so it just tells me when you turn rather than what to turn on

i'm very happy with my mio lol :-) .. can't beat it for the money

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1187
i own a 350 it's bad azz i have used it a bunch of times, plus being it's compact with no external antenna say u wanted to go to new york mark where your hotel is then later if your lost just turn it on select it from your favorites and walk home. the nuvi 350 really does walk all over most gps systems. i got mine for like 250 or 300 during black friday, i forget all i know is i paid 200 bucks from the retails normal price and barely got on with the madness that day. but i'm happy as hell with it i even went on trips to places i had no clue where i was and on job interviews it bailed my butt out cause i didn't know the area. nuvi 350 ftw !

ps, only issue i ever had was it tells me my house is on the left when it's on the right but i only had that happen with my house nothing else.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 249
TTS (text to speech) is also on mine. I's also very easy to mod. I made mine into a PDA with word, notepad, and other cool features like playing movies.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7914
mio are the best they have one of the few with a 4.5 inch screen that are so damn good for the prize..

about the not accurate its not only on mio since everygps have it...

also the mio can connect up to 12 satellites most garmin connects with like 9 max

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1190
not true my garmin is only off by like maybe 6 inches or not off it's spot on.

also a gps should not be something you should have to pay attention to.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 256
"off by like maybe 6 inches"

I want to be the first to call bs.
Even some of the best GPS devices for consumers are only accurate up to 6 feet not to mention the 12 foot antenna needed to get that accuracy.

"Roughly speaking:

Recreational grade:

10 meter accuracy $200

Mapping grade:

1 meter accuracy $5000
Sub-meter accuracy $10,000

Survey grade:

0.1 meter accuracy $20,000"
-http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1493598/posts

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3940
Get me within a hundred feet of someplace and I am good. When you see the word "accuracy" used in association with consumer GPS units, it is not about how close it gets you to a destination, but how up to date and correct the directions to get there are. Some GPS units have outdated and/or just plain bad map data and will not understand some addresses, or will take you to the wrong place. The Nuvi 350 never messes up in my experience. Since I am in new studios and soundstages almost every week in areas I have never been to before or aren't too familiar with, the features "go home" and "find gas" are unbelievably helpful. Think about it -- you are lost in an area you have never been, and all of a sudden you realize that you are almost out of gas. With one click the Nuvi 350 will show you every gas station nearby and with another click will take you straight there and read off every street name and distance to turns.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5716
^ Exactly. Garmin is by far the most user friendly interface I have encountered and I have used quite a few different GPS units. I am probably going to buy the Kenwood DNX8120 just because it has the Garmin Nav built in. A ton of POIs, user friendly, great turn by turn voice directions, and it monitors all your car activity. Its great. Garmin FTW.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1191
x2 ^ btw i was refering to streets and distances of how close my nuvi gets as compared to what the nuvi map shows, it's rougly a half a foot or dead on where the road matches nuvis match position. i haven't used it out of state so it could vary but the nuvi has been extreamly accurate for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us