Kevin previe aka jack something

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20693
hey man wassup. i need some more info on the alpine imprint stuff.

what all do i need.

i am assuming i need to get the 9887 and the imprint processor. is there anything else i need? i have a laptop so thats done.

i am thinking of running my pio indash as a second head unit. it would be connected to the 9887's aux input. that way i can still use my xm and watch dvd's.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20697
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5692
does it not tell you what you need on alpines site, chad?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 5018
if you choose to run the Alpine 9887 all you need is the tuning kit since you have everything else such as the laptop. I know the kit on ebay is around $160ish shipped for the KTX-100EQ.

Item number: 360048764157 .. for both h/u and kit

You can run your other headunit in as an AUX input and imprint that on curve 2 and leave curve 1 for your normal setup but you can just use the 9887 for your xm but not the dvds :P

The whole process is easy, you select what you want to measure on the program and it will tell you where to place the mic. After each session you will move the mic and when it is finished you can update your h/u with the imprint. There are a few options to imprinting as well so you might try it a few times and try the different options for the tune.

It sets a very good starting point but you may want to fine tune afterwards. On the Alpine 9887 there is a small switch under the h/u, you can flip that for 3 way..

It makes your front RCAs midrange, rear RCAs tweets, and sub for low obviously lol.. if you want to go active :-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20702
thanks kev. i say the xm cause i already have a paid subscription to the pioneer unit i have.

reece i read it all in the alpine site and i have a good idea how it works. but i know kevin has hands on experience so i wanted a bit more info.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5020
it really is straight forward.. program basically does all the work.. your just the mic monkey :P

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20703
okay i got another question.

when i had the pioneer 980bt, it came with the mic so the hu can set the eq automatically. anyways, when i used that, it tends to turn the subwoofer level way down so it matches the over all imaging. will the imprint do that to?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5021
yes the imprint will do that but you can still control your sub level 0-15 .. also i believe it adds bass/treble -7/+7dB

either way you can turn off the imprint by just hitting the multi EQ if you want to impress someone with some bass :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us