Reece Needs Your Help Deciding.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5682
Alright so, shockingly, I am having second thoughts on what I want to do again. I've narrowed it down to three choices. All of them will be run off of the ZX2500.1 in the 'Nali.

First: My 15" 5200 in a transmission line enclosure

Second: The new Ecoustics favorite. 2 15" Revos ported tuned to 30-32hz or sealed.

Third: 4 12" AP Epics ported tuned to 30-32.

What do you all think? Am I crazy for not just settling with what I have? Gimme some opinions. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 281
I'm thinking that it's 4:20 am or so in the morning and you are awake second quessing your system... You need either a new hobby or a nap....LOL j/k Reese.
I want to hear the Revo's, but the 4-12" Epics would be my choice... Have fun with this decision... and GO TO SLEEP! lol L8R

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9517
5200 with more power :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Peakohm

Post Number: 59
my choices would be how you list 'em man.

in order of what i'd do

1. the tc simply because you already have it and it's a badass sub. i think the convenience of already having it and not f.ucking around would be worth it in itself. not too familiar with a transmission line enclosure for a sub though...

2. the revos which i don't know too much about but hear good things. 2 15s would probably be nice tuned fairly low like that. if i did that i'd do 32hz for my preference in sq/spl.

3. the epics. meh. personally i'd steer clear of 4 subs and their "lowest" line but that's just me. not that they wouldn't sound better than a lot of subs. 4 subs would be a pain in the @ss too (compared to the other choices). not worth it, imo.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3616
sell me the 5200 and run 2 revo 15s....or the axis? or save up some and buy a lms ultra....

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4362
i would stay clear of the 4 subs i would go w/ 2 15" revo's since you have the room but 1 sub setups are usually more impressive tough choice i would go with 2 dd 9515's lol my favorite

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20687
i am with yanks. put like 4000wrs on that baby and see what she's got.

Bronze Member
Username: Peakohm

Post Number: 61
yea i'd agree with more power to the tc but i'm sure he is set on using that amp he got...

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2439
you have to at least hear your 5200 before making such a decision

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20688
oh he hasn't heard it yet? i thought he already heard it with that amp.

if you haven't even heard it yet reece, just hook it up with that amp you have and give it a go first.

although, 2 revo setup would be fricking awesome. i have one and i love it. i doubt i'll ever change it.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4366
^^^ do you know how many times we've heard that one chad lol jk with ya man

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20690
lol i know charlie. but frankly, i ran out of choices so i am pretty much done for now. its cause i want to stay in the 1000-1500wrms range.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2059
What happened to the idea of 2 revo's and no back seat, Chad?

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20691
still gonna do it steve. even if i do that its not like i am changing equipment. i am simply upgrading.

anyways this is reece's thread so lets help him make up his mind.

i vote for 2 revo 15s. the kx2500.1 would be perfect for the pair since the amp is 2ohm stable and the subs are dual 2ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3519
chad, 9115's

reece, keep the 5200...

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9147
Reece you paid Pete for a quality design at least get it built and see what the 5200 does...it's not like you cant resell the sub if you dont like it but im betting youll love it in Petes design

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2682
Keep the 5200 for at least a few weeks to she what she can do.

I still havent heard the Revos but ill have them installed by next week so ill write you up a little review. If they are what i hope i would run 2 of them in the back sealed...then all you need is some hertz comps! :-)

Chad you still need a 9115 and Mille 3800 so dont get too comfy with the revos.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5685
Haha, well I just finished a paper at 4:20 so i just got on here and was thinking about it. I also just woke up, haha. I would like to run the 5200, but I would rather be able to sell it BNIB. Also, if I run the 5200 in the t-line then I don't want to risk running more power because of how large the enclosure is. Not to mention that I doubt JD will be building me another box so I have to get another one built anyways and I've always just kind of wanted to do 2 15s. Plus I could save room if I went with the the 15's shockingly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us