Thinking About TC Sounds LMS's Feed back Please!

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 222
I seen videos on you tube of singaboys 2 18" lms's and they are crazy they retail for 2 grand each plus taxes, im saving up for a sick system and want these subs, can somebody see if they can find any deals, and what i have to save up to get this ultimate system, including boxing, electrical mids, and highs, etc. p.s going in a denali or taho or suv of some sort, let me know thanks feed back would be great

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9503
Talk to Exige Audio and see if he can get you any deals on that sub.

Are you sure you really want to spend that much money on this system? Realize that you are going to spend ALOT of money. Lets just say you can get the subs for $1500 a piece. Thats $3000 plus electrical upgrades which will be VERY expensive. Alts, batts, wiring, etc will be over $1000, possibly touching $2000. So we'll go with another $1500. So we are up to $4500 on just subs and electrical. On amps, getting about 10krms will be very costly. We'll say you decide to 2 Kicker zx2500.1 per sub. So we'll go with about $600 an amp, so about another $2400, it could be much more depending on what you decide on. Add it on and we are up to nearly $7000 on subs, amps, and electrical. Then onto mid/highs. I won't even touch this one cause of all ths possibilities but assuming you want to have them be able to keep up with 10K (lol), good luck. We'll say another $2000 for mids/highs and amps. Could be more or less, I'm not sure. So here we are at $9000. Then onto boxes. Building a box for 2 18" LMS' will be big, heavy, and a b1tch to make. Might make the first one and want to change something so I'm going to assume you'll make multiple boxes for them. We'll say about $100-$200 on supplies and MDF. Then add on all the time of building them. So we are at about $9500. And I hope you can install it yourself or find someone close to you who will install it for you (someone who knows what they are doing).

So all in all, with my rough estimates, be ready to spend about $10,000 at a minimum.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 2054
Wow Yanks,alot of time on your hands today? lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9505
Procrastinating Twiz. Trying to do other things than my school projects lol.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2674
Be ready to run at least 8kw. Those subs wont move with anything less than 3-3.5k watts per sub. Guess what that means...dual alternators.

Also Mike at Exige can get the Audiopulse LMS 18s so if your seriously interested give him a call.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 223
ok contacted mike, and i am willing to spend whatever, 10,000 dont sound too bad, and my brother in law has won a few competitions up here in canada, and can wire up anything, i will trust him to wire it, i am paying somebody to do the box which would probably be around 700 bucks, i will save up this year and will be getting this system in the spring/summer of next year so i have some time to save up, do you guys think this is a good idea, if not tell me another system that will bump this hard, thanks guys

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16451
You must have nice resources. Waiting a year tho will certainly wreak havoc on your plans seeing as the industry revolves much quicker than that. Some members here change setups 2, 3, 4 times a year keeping up with the latest products. The LMS could be old news by then.

$700 for the box? Wow. MDF must be black gold up in Canada lol.

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 353
x2 The anxiety would drive me nuts...

The conventional magnets could be replaced by neodymium by spring/summer next year ...

Just a thought....

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 31
If you get it, please make a video we have to see this. If money is not an issue, then I say go for it.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2676
Just do me a favor and whatever you spend on the substage...spend as much if not more for the frontstage. :-)

Youll thank me in the long run.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1329
A kicker warhorse might be a great option for you- 10,000 watts out of one amp will save you on wiring and keep the power on both subs the same. Also there is a presale right now for Sundown 5000s, two of those would only be 2500 with the presale price, and customer service is great.

You'll really want at least dual alternators and several batteries.

I would say even 4 batteries in back extra (really important with that much power will be about 2-250 each, so 1,000 in batts).
I'd check out Missinglinkaudio about a module they make to keep your battery light from comming on when you upgrade your alternators- and it increases your voltage. I'd email them about it, but it'll be over 100. 2 aftermarket alternators will be about 500 each, plus a bracket for around 200. Then 4 runs of power/ground will set you back about 150 a spool or so (check knukonceptz), so around 300 on wire.

All together to have a stout charging system, unless you can get a crazy deal somewhere you're looking about $2700,
1k batts
1k alts
700 between wire, bracket, and module.

It may be over kill, it may be just enough, but better too much than not enough, and if you plan to pay that much for a driver... it'll be worth it.
Just trying to help you get it right the first time, and give you realistic things to think of. Hell ring terminals alone not including fuse holders could set you back quite a bit. 5 terminals cost $20 at ccity, and I've used about 40 or more- sooo about 150-200 if you pay retail like that. You can find 20 packs for cheaper online or at local shops sometimes.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2488
Whatever you do, get Pete Kulicki to build and design the box for you.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5694
Yeah this guy doesn't know what he is getting into. You realize that just because you copy singaboys system it wont be the same. first, the dude has his 2 18s in a hatch and he's running 2 sundown 3000ds at .5. he also has his box tuned to like 25hz with a ridiculous amount of port area. not to mention if you've seen his videos you know his car is a POS to being with and is being ripped to shreds by those speakers. you wont win many comps with a setup like his because its not made for numbers.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2493
I wonder what you'll spend on deadening too. That would be crazy.

EDIT:
Don't forget gas prices are rising and all the extra weight (including the sound deadening) will really kill your mileage.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2073
^^yea.

I think its like every 100 pounds you lose 2-3% of your gas mileage.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4459
Not to mention you are going to spend the money on subs you can never get repaired. You'll be lucky to find parts here and there...Polo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us