Little $1000 dollar project

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 549
ok well my buddy asked me to find him stuff for his car(that he just got repaired after wrecking) so he told me that i gotta come up with something for around $1000.... any ideas? btw he has stock everything...

P.S. i cant get a hold off him now so ima post what type and what year his car is tomorow.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3514
ask him if he's looking for JUST loud or what...

the cisco kid

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 550
no i just want to put some stuff in there that just sounds good. i think he told me he has something wrong with his ear so too loud is bad i guess...

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 551
he told me this morning that $200 of the $1000 is ging towards tint. so lets bring the price to $800:-(

Bronze Member
Username: Peakohm

Post Number: 58
what kind of car, what size speakers will it take?

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 552
Mercury Sable 2000

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 553
oh no:-( i think they might be 6X8's but not sure..

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9136
if its the 2000 Mercury Sable gs sedan then crutchfield says 6x8's all the way around

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2465
That's the identical car to what I own. So what do you want to know :-)

They are 6x8s all around. Also, it is not a bad car to make sound pretty good. However, you have to be VERY careful how big you make the box because the trunk openings are terrible. Huge trunk, small openings FTL. Also, the trunk rattles like a mofo if you don't deaden it. Anything else you want to know about it? Oh, is it the electronic climate control? Because, if it it, you won't be able to get a HU for it without doing a custom install. Again, pretty sad.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1230
i have a nice sub for a good price that will work sealed or ported

Gold Member

Post Number: 9138
if your worried about the climate controls theirs a solution for that...their may be some place cheaper to get it but heres crutchfields link

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=2000+mercury+sable&i=142FD1380B

...and I know just the sub Scotts thinking of and its well worth what hes charging

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2466
No, Sean that won't work if it's the electronic climate control like mine. Those are for manual climate control. So far as I know, other than adding another HU in the glove box or something along those lines, there is nothing to do with it other than ad a LOC.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 554
well i guess i'll have to find out when i see his car next. BCS what speakers did you get? and i really dont want to go with a LOC cause i have one in my car and i personally hate it.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 555
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309799&highlight=6X8

^^^^

this guys selling some kappa's are these any good?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2467
Yeah I hate my LOC as well. It was just my only choice.

I don't really want to disclose the speakers I have...but I will lol. I got two sets of Audiobahn speakers with some amp when I first got the car. It was dumb, but I didn't know better at the time. I want to get rid of the car so badly that I haven't bothered dropping more $$ into it for better speakers. You really are limited with the 6x8s. I don't really know what to suggest :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 9141
"No, Sean that won't work if it's the electronic climate control like mine. Those are for manual climate control. So far as I know, other than adding another HU in the glove box or something along those lines, there is nothing to do with it other than ad a LOC."

ok I missed that you said electronic

Gold Member

Post Number: 9142
"You really are limited with the 6x8s. I don't really know what to suggest"

well you can get adapter plates and put a different size speaker in there...heres one made by metra for $10.95 to convert to 5.25 or 6.5

http://sector29.com/PRODUCT_PAGES/37/37-MTR82-5600.html

or you can make your own adapter

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2468
"well you can get adapter plates and put a different size speaker in there...heres one made by metra for $10.95 to convert to 5.25 or 6.5"

Nice...I kinda forgot about those.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 556
hey thanks sean for that link that helps alot. i was wonderng what subs i should get from caraudio.com in the classfied section. like i saw some d6's with a box for 210 shipped... but i think i could do better... any suggestions please?

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1237
i have some stuff in the f/s section that might peak your interest.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9152
your welcome Charles...as for the subs it depends what type of sound hes looking for...my bro scott s has some subs for sale like he said but it also depends how much power you can run
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us