Blown Orion H2, what should I replace it with?

Username: Jamon

Post Number: 1
I think I hurt my Orion H2. I think the voice coil is rubbing. Since the H2 is no longer made, and I can't readily find a replacement, I was wondering what comparable speakers exist. I have an orion D2400 amp, and I will probably be placing the sub in a bandpass box. I want something that is really close to as loud as the H2. I generally play 90s era bass music on the system. Any recommendations (Along with price) would be appreciated.

Post Number: 2
It is a single 12"

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2673
Audiopulse Axis 12, Audiopulse.com. Contact Mike at Exigeaudio.com for better prices.

Also bandpass boxes are not the way to go. You can save space and get a much better sound off a ported box. I would build a 2cuft box tuned to 32hz for the 12.

Post Number: 3
I guess I could consider a basic ported box. I'll be ripping up the box anyway. If I do a ported box I'll probably need to stick with a sub that is less than 9" deep. I did check out the AudioPulse Axis 12 and that does seem pretty much like the H2.

Any other suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3613
you have pics of your h2?

eh how much power do you have? what;s you;'overall goal? spl,sq,sql lamfcal's?(loud a.ss ma fu.ckin crazy a.ss lows)

Post Number: 4
I'll post the pics later. I took apart the sub, and the voice coil had come apart. Heat had damaged and warped the Aluminun former. I really thought I didn't actually have the power to damage that sub.
I have an orion D2400. I'm running only one sub. My goal is to have really solid 30 to 60 Hz bass for old school street bass music. I have no interest in audio competition.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13709
id say a RE SX or FI Bl .....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6356
Jamon,

If you killed an Orion H2 12" w/ a D2400, you were clipping the F#CK out of that amp.
What ever sub you get next, turn that gain/bass boost down! You may also want to look into a pair of 10's, maybe Fi SSd's.

Forget the bandpass box, go w/ a nice ported box tuned low.

As for a comparable sub. And RE SX on that amp would be a good match.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1235
how do you feel about a rd alpha 12, i have one for a good price

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7911
that sub is hard to blow except if u have a powerplant... u were clipping that sub so bad that u blew it

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 33
90's era bass music heh. Does anybody remember DJ Magic Mike? What about Two Live Crew?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5686
well considering the d2400 only does 1200 watts i don't think you have the power for an axis and they only make the revo in dual 2 so I would probably go with an incriminator audio death penalty. you can find them on www.soundsolutionsaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us