Audio bahn Vs Sony

I´m planing to buy a subwoofer:
-Audiobahn 12" 500 Watt Performer Subwoofer (that´s the flame basket one)
or
-Sony 12" P5 Subwoofer (five-sided)

The Audiobahn is dual 4 Ohms so it will work at 2Ohm what make easier my amp work (i think), it says 500Watts RMS power handling and 92.9 Db

The Sony says power handling 1200 watts and power range 90-350 watts RMS, the sensitivity is 89 dB

Wich one will sound louder?
The Db is how hard they sound?

I would apretiatte any help or suggest

Anonymous
both are junk!!!!!

Dominic L.
obviously the "Anonymous" guy who said "both are junk!!!!!" doesnt know sh1t..but sony is junk..

Dominic L.
go with the audiobahn's man..good bang for the buck but if you go with sony..dont say I didnt warn you cuz sony will fluck up on you sooner or later..and audiobahn will be around for a looong time ;)

go with the audiobahn, their quality has improved as of late, and will be much better than the sony in any case.

teflondog
why is this thread even posted up? lol. it's obvious which one is the better decision. sony xplod is on the bottom of the list when it comes to car audio.

Derek H
Sony is definately junk and the low end audiobahns are junk.

Audio Bahn or Sony ? ? ?
thank you very very much guys, i will go with audiobahn

Audio Bahn or Sony ? ? ?
I just bought 2 Audiobahn AW1251T, 400W RMS Dual 4Ohm each (both for 90$ shipped, a good deal i think)now i need an amp, but i got no more than 120-150$, i liked a boss R1400D 1400x1 at 1 Ohm

the boss amp runs 500 rms at 4 ohms...you wont drive em to the limit but it may give you around 700 at 1 ohm.....boss rates at max power...

i have that amp on a 12 L5 solobaric...its good ,but u my want some more power...

always give an audiobahn what it asks for. in your case 800 or maybe a little more, just play with the gain on the amp and you wont have to worry about blowin em...
and make sure u dont get an amp that underpowers them and try to compensate by uping the gain.

Audio Bahn or Sony ? ? ?
So you think that the Boss R1400D wont work, what do you think about the boss R2200D? thanks for your help

Daniel
I also have two AW1251T, and i am looking for an amp. HELP me please

e
i wouldnt go with both at all, you can get a better sub for the same price, how much are they gonna cost you?

Daniel
They cost me 45$ e/u Shipped and insured. now i need an amp

e
bad move, 45$ for what though, 1 sub? 10",12",15" ? remember anything that cheap will give you cheap results, dont be fooled by distorting bass, and quality bumping bass. spend a few more bucks on a better sub that will last you years, not 4 months and then have to sell it. i recommend Adire Audio products all the way. its high quality sh!t, and its somewhat inexpensive. hope it helps

asim ali
all these people, who are degrading sony, are seriuosly lacking out of any knowledge of caraudio!. why do you do such nasty things! let me tell you that , sony p5 subwoofers are one of the best subs ever created! i have a sony p5, modeled xs-l151p5, and it is as exelent as it looks. it is better than any pioneer an any other brand available. these babies work at full volume with out any distortion.install them with a required amp , and they will rock the your car with their explosive power.i have also heard crap! of sony, but, these peaple judge with out checking the products out.remember that im an electrical engineer, and i know better than any one else does. so trust me. one more thing, sony will always hit hardest, with a sony.

Hydro
Ha Ha man what have u been smokin dont say sony hits harder than any brand maybe pioneer cuz pioneer subs suck!!!!! but they dont come close to JL Audio,Rockford,Kicker,or even Audiobahn

hashy
i just got 2 X 15" 800W RMS audioBahn subs and my mate has 2 x 15" sonys and theres no contest! audioBahns all the way mate!

hashy
to asim ali

I am a sound recording engineer and i pride in my in car install and Sony, apart from the head units and some amps are not even worth considering! even the P5! they are the best sony, but not a touch on even some of the other brand in the same price range! and what does an electrical engineer have to do with car subs????

Anonymous
Sony's suck azz!!

ASFSFS
SONY'S ARE GOOD FOR THEIR PRICE AND DOESNT REALLY TAKE MUCH TO RUN THEM BUT AUDIOBAHN'S COST S#IT LOAD MORE AND TAKE MORE POWER MY FRIENDS GOT 1 10" SONY WITH LIKE 300-400 WATTS GOIN TO IT AND IT POUNDS...WHILE IVE HEARD 2 12'S BY AUDIOBAHN SOUND LIKE S#IT BUT ITS ALL UR CHOICE PERSONALLY ID GO WITH SONY BUT ITS ALL PERSONAL DECISION

I actuaully think Sony is really good- in the home audio department. But seriously between the two Audiobahn will do the job- General rule of thumb- do not buy speakers from companies that sell popular cd players or cassettes, Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, and Sony. I would have to say the only companies that make good CD players and subs would be Alpine and Eclipse. Most Companies that make the complicated things such as amplifiers & CD players put most of their engineering & time into those areas and their subs tend to lack. They usually make o.k. 6x9's or 5 1/4 or 6 1/2's but the subs are not up to par.

lol, i dont usually personally challenge someone on this board unless they are obviously lying. this aslim ali kid is pretty funny.

1. his grammar is terrible
2. he cant spell
3. what does this mean "one more thing, sony will always hit hardest, with a sony."

electrical engineer? right, just wondering if you might know, but heres a question for ya.

what is an L-Pad, how do you make one?

do you even know ohms law?

if you really are an EE i apologize, but i find this hard to believe:(

Anonymous
Go with the autobahn any day. And if you got the money look into one of their Linear Excursion subs. Gotta be one of the best series of subs around.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us