Good P2P ?

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 25
Hey was wondering if anybody knew of a good peer to peer? I don't want free ones like morpheus, limewire, frostwire, and I think that I tunes sucks because of prices. Qtrax claims to be legal while remaining free but their selection sucks. I justed wanted to know if anybody knew of a good cheap p2p with a huge selection, and that possibly allowed you to download in cd quality.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 263
I know you said that you dont want the free p2p.. I use Ares... Wouldn't trade it for the world.. Good luck

Bronze Member

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 27
I know that you have a better chance of dying from falling out of bed than being caught by the feds, but still it is a possibility I don't want to risk. And besides in past experience with freeware the quality sucks most of the time and some computer nerds get stiffys from screwing up your computer.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 2046
Use torrents,way better than P2P. Alot of torrents I have DL are 192 320 so that is great quality.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 482
x2 ares for songs. torrents for albums/movies.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2437
p2p ftl

torrents are the new way

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3605
whats torrents?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14214
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.torrent

DL: http://www.utorrent.com/

Search http://www.btjunkie.com

^^Lots of sites to find stuff, just the first one I have bookmarked

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1641
"torrents are the new way"

You're kidding me, right?

P2ps are 8 years old and very annoying.
Torrents are 4-5 years old.
Both p2ps and torrents are outdated technology.

The way to go these days is IRC via DC++ and Newsgroup. With newsgroup, my average download speed is 8-9 mb/s.

Bronze Member

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 29
Please Nick, go into detail if you would. And of course the main question is, is it illegal?

Hell this is a wild one, but does anybody know anyone who has been caught downloading?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1645
Downloading anything copyrighted without permission (like downloading music, software, and movies) is ILLEGAL. There are just ways to not get caught. And yes, I know of a few people who have been caught.

To go in detail, see if your ISP offers a newsgroup server.

Bronze Member

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 30
I'm sorry for being so out of date, but I don't understand the concept of newsgroup server. I googled it and a bunch of things popped up about their system being the best platform. When you say see if my ISP offers this do you mean it is something that I can call them about and ask? Again I am sorry but this is completely new to me. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2485
If you want quasi-legal, there's the Russian sites like AllofMP3. I just search for whatever I want on RS or MU. Albumwash, Megadownload, or just typing "[album name and band name] blogspot] into a search engine usually works. Sometimes it requires more creative searching but generally you can find what you want. Even add "FLAC" if you want that.

I still haven't gotten DC++ to work and this is good enough for me. I'd have to go out and get a bigger HDD if I could do 8mb/s anyway. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us